Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What a doucher! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelsaint View Post
    MTV and neopets at NyC. Google.
    412 West Broadway, Glendale, California, 91204, United States of America
    Neopets, Headquarters
    Show details

Awk. Google "neopets headquarters"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ahh. I'm still want to visit MTV

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    That'd be cool! Maybe they have a sub-office there?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    121/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    8d 7h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ok backstory...

My legit neo account got frozen for suspicious activity so i sent a ticket thinking some doucher had tried hacking me (NOT the first time this has happened) i got a response from this guy tony asking me for more information regarding my case.

I didnt understand what info he wanted so i sent him a mail back asking him to clarfy what info i was supposed to provide as i thought i had filled the ticket out pretty fully.

He responded asking me what neopoints i had sold and who to, what pets and who to... and so on...

So i responded playing dumb and told him what pets i had traded on site, kinda trying to find out what he kew.

I got a reply saying he knew who i was and unless i ratted out every cheater i knew i could kiss my legit account goodbye. (he even admitted i had not cheated on the account in question)

At this point i got pissed off, im not gonna lie. I told him i would rather lose the acc than to give in to a blackmailer.

*switch to next day* my side account, my boyfriends account, my daughters account, and anyone ive neomailed at lengths accounts are all frozen within hours of each other. All for the same reason which was... ""This account was using a 'cheat' or downloadable cheat program.""

So i check my email to find this tony had replied to me again saying unless i co-operate with him none of the accounts will be unfrozen.

I responded that while i love my friends i would rather buy them new accounts than give in to him still, then i went on to say blackmail is illegal, and even in the case of a kids game site it is still frowned upon. lol

then i got the reply at the beginning of this thread...

and... now i wait lol

This tony guy is REALLY persistant. BUT i wont be blackmailed. not now not ever and certainly not by a keyboard warrior

Harry Potter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexxy View Post
    Ok backstory...

My legit neo account got frozen for suspicious activity so i sent a ticket thinking some doucher had tried hacking me (NOT the first time this has happened) i got a response from this guy tony asking me for more information regarding my case.

I didnt understand what info he wanted so i sent him a mail back asking him to clarfy what info i was supposed to provide as i thought i had filled the ticket out pretty fully.

He responded asking me what neopoints i had sold and who to, what pets and who to... and so on...

So i responded playing dumb and told him what pets i had traded on site, kinda trying to find out what he kew.

I got a reply saying he knew who i was and unless i ratted out every cheater i knew i could kiss my legit account goodbye. (he even admitted i had not cheated on the account in question)

At this point i got pissed off, im not gonna lie. I told him i would rather lose the acc than to give in to a blackmailer.

*switch to next day* my side account, my boyfriends account, my daughters account, and anyone ive neomailed at lengths accounts are all frozen within hours of each other. All for the same reason which was... ""This account was using a 'cheat' or downloadable cheat program.""

So i check my email to find this tony had replied to me again saying unless i co-operate with him none of the accounts will be unfrozen.

I responded that while i love my friends i would rather buy them new accounts than give in to him still, then i went on to say blackmail is illegal, and even in the case of a kids game site it is still frowned upon. lol

then i got the reply at the beginning of this thread...

and... now i wait lol

This tony guy is REALLY persistant. BUT i wont be blackmailed. not now not ever and certainly not by a keyboard warrior

How does he know you were a mod/mm on the other forum?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    510 times
    Time Online
    40d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    You could provide false information(shells and semi mains you own and their corresponding emails) and see if they go for it
    J_L_K_64 rules you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I wonder if TNT knows he's doing this...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    88 times
    Time Online
    22d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    This sounds rather hilarious... requesting full email thread if possible! XD
    What does he expect to come from a list of a relatively small proportion of cheaters who likely don't even know how to hack? It would only hurt buyers, not sellers.
    And to anyone making suggestions... this Tony fellow was smart enough to figure out who bexxy is and I'm sure is smart enough to join a FREE forum and read replies.
    I do see what he's saying in respect to active accounts. Just because you aren't stealing from a kid doesn't make it right. If you worked hard and built up your virtual empire for years, how would you feel to find that it was sold for $40 to be liquidated for quicksale? I dunno.
    For the lawyer thing... to be honest that's a very hollow threat. You are looking at something like $250 an hour... for a couple neopets accounts.
    What you've done is likely not even illegal, you have just broken the terms and services contract for the site neopets.com so they can punish you as they see fit on their own website. If you have dealt with neocash then maybe they might have some sort of watered down theft charge but it wouldn't be at all feasible to even bother trying to track you down and prosecute you. Remember, lawyers are expensive.
    I don't know what you can do at this point about rebuilding seeing as they have your IP and the ability to trace you to friends (they might have even iced some unknowing people who live near you in the whatever net they used); in other words they know your general area even if your IP changes. I guess you could always use a proxy from now on but I don't see that as being feasible.
    If you could, please ask Tony how you could have possibly been involved with any neopets hacking when their official site claims that "Contrary to what many people claim, no one has ever hacked into Neopets, accessed user information, accounts or usernames." - (you need an account to see links)
    It's misguided to go after people who have already gotten accounts instead of actually trying to educate the public about online safety.
    Remember to think things through before you type too, if you are angry you won't think straight.
    Good luck!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeninja View Post
    YES!!! And make a surprise trip to see him!

He'd love that. Show up in an overcoat and underwear!!
    He will go crazy! Do it!! Let's figure out what type of underwear. Hmm, OHHHH, pasties and a thong! He will LOVE-IT! Make sure the pasties have tassels for an elegant touch.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Graff View Post
    If you could, please ask Tony how you could have possibly been involved with any neopets hacking when their official site claims that "Contrary to what many people claim, no one has ever hacked into Neopets, accessed user information, accounts or usernames." - (you need an account to see links)
    It's misguided to go after people who have already gotten accounts instead of actually trying to educate the public about online safety.
    Remember to think things through before you type too, if you are angry you won't think straight.
    Good luck!
    Agreed 100% Please have this addressed. Someone wrote the other day on the boards that they were silenced for over 100 hrs because they talked about an acct that got hacked into. The reply they got from neo was that no one has ever hacked into the system and therefore since the member was spreading "misinformation", they were silenced.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    This guy wants to his boss to think he's the next Sherlock Holmes. It would probably be better to tell him to fk off and ignore him than get involved in conversations with him in case you do say something that could land you in trouble :o