Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Guide to Misconceptions: TNT and you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post
    Ive heard that when TNT members sign their contract, they are not allowed to lurk at any neopets forum, let alone neopets cheating forum.
    Do i have a correct info or is that just hearsay?
    I'm not positive that that's true, but it may be. As I've never been employed by TNT (and I don't believe anyone on their forum has), it is impossible to say what is written exactly on their contracts. usually contracts for large corporations have privacy clauses, stating that an employee may not release ANY information about the actual game to players, friends, relatives, etc. Doing so can lead to termination of job and file legal claims against the employee. I do not, however, believe that there is specifically a clause which states they can not go on a neopets forum. If anything, the reason why they usually can not enter is because the neopet forum's terms of service, let's say clraik, usually has a clause in clraik terms of service stating "any member affiliated with TNT may not enter clraik, use it to gain information, etc etc." From a legal standpoint, this is enough to stop any member of TNT who wants to gather information from a law suit to enter.

On the other hand, if they have official court permission (like subpeona), without your approval and against your terms of service, they may do as they please. So if they are offered a warrant to gather information for their case, regardless of your terms of service they could enter. Until TNT is publicly taking action against clraik though, I personally would assume that they aren't gathering anything threatening to the userbase or administrators of this forum (what they do if they find out your neopets account is a different story of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Whilst it was well written and very detailed, this is just a form of bullying.

Honestly just drop the whole 'Becka' thing. Yes, she did some silly things, was a bit paranoid and immature she's only what 14 or 15? She's young and inexperienced and maybe took the situation a bit too seriously but there is no reason to constantly pick on her weight or keep bringing up the subject.

I'm not directing this to anyone but yeh...I think its getting beyond funny to just being plain mean.

Edit; The Tony P guy, is a prick, he may have made threats and exaggerated threats to scare her and blackmail her (successfully might I add). If I was a 13 year old and got received threats from someone like that I'd be pretty paranoid too.

Pretty sure she said somewhere that she was 20. I could be mistaken?

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    There is no way she is 20, especially if she is still at school.

Edit; I see why you think she's 20 because of her profile.

Its fake, she's not from the UK nor is she 20. Her picture suggest she's probably 14 maybe 15.
    Last edited by Chi; 07-16-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    O ok. Well then. Youngsters be posin as people older than they actually are = me picking on youngsters. I still took out the fat jokes though to make it less insulting and more educational.
    Last edited by Xanice; 07-16-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciricus View Post
    Took out the two big fat jokes that I noticed. United Kingdom also works differently. Because UK admits students to free college / university, alot of people do still refer to it at "school". So unless there is some place where she explicitly says she's 14, for some reason I remember her at some point saying she was 20.

In the UK school system goes from

high school = 2 years
    college = 2 years (basically junior and senior years of an american highschool, think aussie would be similar)
    university = university.

While at 20 years of age, I would imagine she's in university, there's still a possibility I misremembered and she was let's say, 18, she would still be in a UK college which many would still call school. (Once again, friend from UK stated that the country pays for all education of students so long as you maintain your studies, therefore, no matter how you think about it, they may not differentiate between one grade level and another).
    I took out two fat jokes? I didn't write any jokes. Yes she's overweight, yes I judge people who are overweight, I will probably mock them silently but I am not going to drag it out over a large period of time.

School in Australia (where she is from), is 'High School' which is approximately 12-17 years of age. I know she is from the northern state of queensland so they only have high school.

University isn't referred to as school, for short it would be referred to uni.

Due to her modding hours on an alternate forum I know for a fact that she's still in school. If I didn't delete her account I probably could get her age.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I took out two fat jokes? I didn't write any jokes. Yes she's overweight, yes I judge people who are overweight, I will probably mock them silently but I am not going to drag it out over a large period of time.

School in Australia (where she is from), is 'High School' which is approximately 12-17 years of age. I know she is from the northern state of queensland so they only have high school.

University isn't referred to as school, for short it would be referred to uni.

Due to her modding hours on an alternate forum I know for a fact that she's still in school. If I didn't delete her account I probably could get her age.
    I updated my last post since you updated yours. I said I REMOVED the two fat jokes that were in my guide. Sorry to be unclear. If that is the case, it is wholely possible you are correct. Sorry, I didn't have access to that much information. If you feel any part of the guide is still too explicit, feel free to tell me which parts and I will either censor, reword, and hell even remove Becka's name / the origins of her posts. I feel that if TNT can scare one 13 or 14 year old into doing this, it will be easier for the next one to avoid this completely altogether by knowing what TNT will or will not do.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I updated my last post since you updated yours. I said I REMOVED the two fat jokes that were in my guide. Sorry to be unclear. If that is the case, it is wholely possible you are correct. Sorry, I didn't have access to that much information. If you feel any part of the guide is still too explicit, feel free to tell me which parts and I will either censor, reword, and hell even remove Becka's name / the origins of her posts. I feel that if TNT can scare one 13 or 14 year old into doing this, it will be easier for the next one to avoid this completely altogether by knowing what TNT will or will not do.
    Its okay, I thought it was a well written post but I just thought it was slightly mocking. I'm fairly sure she was quite serious about it all and I think the TNT mod blackmailed her and scared to a point where it was just mean.

I think if she was older she'd be laughing along with you but I think due to her age she took it the wrong way. Because I'm sure she most probably will lurk on the forum under an alias I think its a bit mean to drag it on (self-esteem can be pretty low during puberty...or so I remember )

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Whilst it was well written and very detailed, this is just a form of bullying.

Honestly just drop the whole 'Becka' thing. Yes, she did some silly things, was a bit paranoid and immature she's only what 14 or 15? She's young and inexperienced and maybe took the situation a bit too seriously but there is no reason to constantly pick on her weight or keep bringing up the subject.

I'm not directing this to anyone but yeh...I think its getting beyond funny to just being plain mean.

Edit; The Tony P guy, is a prick, he may have made threats and exaggerated threats to scare her and blackmail her (successfully might I add). If I was a 13 year old and got received threats from someone like that I'd be pretty paranoid too.
    I'm going to have to say.. I've received the same Ticket responses and Threats..
    He's not a Prick just doing his job..
    IF she would have just let it go like I did..
    And I'm 15 today.. So xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Its okay, I thought it was a well written post but I just thought it was slightly mocking. I'm fairly sure she was quite serious about it all and I think the TNT mod blackmailed her and scared to a point where it was just mean.

I think if she was older she'd be laughing along with you but I think due to her age she took it the wrong way. Because I'm sure she most probably will lurk on the forum under an alias I think its a bit mean to drag it on (self-esteem can be pretty low during puberty...or so I remember )
    The mocking was intended to some extent. The education was also intended. I am unfortunately just a mean-spirited person when it comes down to people who break off from moral responsibility. While I DO understand that younger people make mistakes, I was under the false impression she was older and withheld thoughts a bit less =P Personally, I do hope she doesn't lurk the forums, with the reason in mind that she told TNT that she wouldn't and if caught by some obscure means, everything she sacrificed from other players will have gone to waste as she'll be banned again just as quickly. Glad you thought the quality of the work was atleast good though Chi!

Quote Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
    I'm going to have to say.. I've received the same Ticket responses and Threats..
    He's not a Prick just doing his job..
    IF she would have just let it go like I did..
    And I'm 15 today.. So xD
    Psh jeez though. TNT blackmailing an underage child with jailtime. On hindsight, that sounds illegal on their part. ACTUALLY, I'm pretty sure it is. I should become a lawyer and sue TNT to shits

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Psh jeez though. TNT blackmailing an underage child with jailtime. On hindsight, that sounds illegal on their part. ACTUALLY, I'm pretty sure it is. I should become a lawyer and sue TNT to shits
    Personally In my mind she deserved it.. I was told some of the several same things BUT NEVER blew anyone out of cover.. I actually just stopped responding..
    I would NEVER Consider throwing ANY clraik members under the bus like she did.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeast For This Useful Post:

Xanice (07-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
    Personally In my mind she deserved it.. I was told some of the several same things BUT NEVER blew anyone out of cover.. I actually just stopped responding..
    I would NEVER Consider throwing ANY clraik members under the bus like she did.
    and that's why we haven't exiled you from society yet