Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Guide to Misconceptions: TNT and you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    As entertaining as this is, it's not a guide in my eyes and I don't think rep should be earned from this.
    Don't you know how to program?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    False. While it is possible for TNT to see posts on this forum, and even possible they may lurk forums, there is nobody on this forum who actively talks and contributes that belongs to TNT. This is because the staff have much better things to do to than to try to enter clraik in the guise of a regular, active member, to trick people into giving you their information. Now there are all sorts of things you should be careful about when conducting trades on this forum, and keeping your information as discrete is possible is one of them. But don't worry that every member you see is TNT. If you do, this is a severe case of paranoia, and should be worked on
    I agreed with everything except for the above.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Demo For This Useful Post:

Riku (07-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan~ View Post
    As entertaining as this is, it's not a guide in my eyes and I don't think rep should be earned from this.
    Don't you know how to program?
    Vaguely. I only know the basics. At the moment I'm adept at creating psuedo-structure for programs, but as far as any one particular language goes, my knowledge base is pretty small. Personally, I wasn't looking for rep off of this either, I made it to give members a giggle at the expense of somehow who has no honor among theives, to stir up some activity since the night time is usually slow, and because I'm bored since I was removed from the skype convo from being offline and there's only one person on skype who I know who can add me back to the convo LOL.

In other words Ryan, this guide is YOUR fault for not being my skype friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I agreed with everything except for the above.
    No offense Demo, but I would take you for the paranoid type but more because you have the knowledge of what can be done with information that people would pass of daily as something not important or which they may not see as linking them to anything. For good reason. You sir, are well known on this forum for more than just cheating neopets with automatons, which I've edited out not to mention. With this being said, a little bit of paranoia is healthy for you. On the other hand, the reason why I would say that TNT members aren't actively participating in this forum, is because to become extremely active requires alot of work which does not bode well for employees who would have to be paid overtime. Is it possible that TNT has members actively joining in discussions to nail cheaters one by one by engaging in fake trades? Possible yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not. Catching cheaters 1 by 1 is far less efficient than catching cheaters by the hoard (Aka becka blackmailing), and whatever can be found on clraik, would be just as easy to detect on neopets, where they can inspect every accounts activity down to the last refresh.

Traders who SHOULD carry some paranoia are those who are selling ALOT of accounts/items/nps. Because nailing them would be figuratively much bigger than people casually buying or trading pets on clraik. However, I'm sure yourself and others included, everyone covers their tracks as best as possible when dealing in large sums.
    Last edited by Xanice; 07-16-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciricus View Post
    Vaguely. I only know the basics. At the moment I'm adept at creating psuedo-structure for programs, but as far as any one particular language goes, my knowledge base is pretty small. Personally, I wasn't looking for rep off of this either, I made it to give members a giggle at the expense of somehow who has no honor among theives, to stir up some activity since the night time is usually slow, and because I'm bored since I was removed from the skype convo from being offline and there's only one person on skype who I know who can add me back to the convo LOL.

In other words Ryan, this guide is YOUR fault for not being my skype friend!

No offense Demo, but I would take you for the paranoid type but more because you have the knowledge of what can be done with information that people would pass of daily as something not important or which they may not see as linking them to anything. For good reason. You sir, are well known on this forum for more than just cheating neopets with automatons, which I've edited out not to mention. With this being said, a little bit of paranoia is healthy for you. On the other hand, the reason why I would say that TNT members aren't actively participating in this forum, is because to become extremely active requires alot of work which does not bode well for employees who would have to be paid overtime. Is it possible that TNT has members actively joining in discussions to nail cheaters one by one by engaging in fake trades? Possible yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not. Catching cheaters 1 by 1 is far less efficient than catching cheaters by the hoard (Aka becka blackmailing), and whatever can be found on clraik, would be just as easy to detect on neopets, where they can inspect every accounts activity down to the last refresh.

Traders who SHOULD carry some paranoia are those who are selling ALOT of accounts/items/nps. Because nailing them would be figuratively much bigger than people casually buying or trading pets on clraik. However, I'm sure yourself and others included, everyone covers their tracks as best as possible when dealing in large sums.

Although I completely understand your side of the argument, I am speaking from experience and not assumption. Several of the largest runescape forums out there were taken down by members of jagex joining up (with a court issued supponeia) and started to gather information on administrators, staff, users, anybody who could be seen as a threat in the near future. If need be, I can gather about 10 different instances in which sites with 100,000 plus members were taken down forcefully. You need to understand that although you are right, they wouldn't be after the common user, but this does happen often. I've been around the block, and over time if the administrators are not careful It is very possible to receive a cease and desist letter in the mail. Think about it, how hard is it to draw up a contract threatening a person under the age (most likely) of 30 and offer in exchange of the domain name, and a written contract staring that they will leave all neopet (or whatever forum type) cheating sites for good, or face the legal consequences of the prior charges plus breaking a contract.

Anybody, @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), can likely vouch for the notion that although we MAY not have TNT monitoring the forums, that in reality is is a strong possibility, and is not something that should be disregarded in any way shape or form. Companies will go through great lengths to protect their assets, wouldn't you?

I'm off to bed, I'll post pictures of the letters online tomorrow ( assuming you'll quote me so that will be my reminder). Night everyone.

Edit: in my drunkenness, I basically realized this could go both says equally, so excercise some caution, yet in the grand scheme of things if you make leaps to protect yourself, you'll be fine.
    Last edited by John; 07-16-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This thread is full of drama llama

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:

maxxine (07-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Edit: in my drunkenness...

Demo, you're so awesome when you're drunk. I consider your drunk half, my friendypoo.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Ana (07-16-2012),Ryan~ (07-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    @(you need an account to see links) just edited to fix your tag of kat.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Although I completely understand your side of the argument, I am speaking from experience and not assumption. Several of the largest runescape forums out there were taken down by members of jagex joining up (with a court issued supponeia) and started to gather information on administrators, staff, users, anybody who could be seen as a threat in the near future. If need be, I can gather about 10 different instances in which sites with 100,000 plus members were taken down forcefully. You need to understand that although you are right, they wouldn't be after the common user, but this does happen often. I've been around the block, and over time if the administrators are not careful It is very possible to receive a cease and desist letter in the mail. Think about it, how hard is it to draw up a contract threatening a person under the age (most likely) of 30 and offer in exchange of the domain name, and a written contract staring that they will leave all neopet (or whatever forum type) cheating sites for good, or face the legal consequences of the prior charges plus breaking a contract.

Anybody, @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), can likely vouch for the notion that although we MAY not have TNT monitoring the forums, that in reality is is a strong possibility, and is not something that should be disregarded in any way shape or form. Companies will go through great lengths to protect their assets, wouldn't you?

I'm off to bed, I'll post pictures of the letters online tomorrow ( assuming you'll quote me so that will be my reminder). Night everyone.

Edit: in my drunkenness, I basically realized this could go both says equally, so excercise some caution, yet in the grand scheme of things if you make leaps to protect yourself, you'll be fine.
    Ah. Well written for someone who may be puking in the toilet bowl soon due to alchohol (pun from my guide !).

This is true, I think the major issue is that we're referring to two different people. I personally don't deny that (after a court issue) neopets might target clraik and try to take it down. This is an entire forum based off breaking every word in their ToS is all. I simply meant, individual members were probably not the specific targets of said raids and therefore, while they should excercise caution (as much as any from a trade), they needn't believe that everyone on clraik is TNT out to get them xP

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    False. While it is possible for TNT to see posts on this forum, and even possible they may lurk forums, there is nobody on this forum who actively talks and contributes that belongs to TNT. This is because the staff have much better things to do to than to try to enter clraik in the guise of a regular, active member, to trick people into giving you their information. Now there are all sorts of things you should be careful about when conducting trades on this forum, and keeping your information as discrete is possible is one of them. But don't worry that every member you see is TNT. If you do, this is a severe case of paranoia, and should be worked on
    Ive heard that when TNT members sign their contract, they are not allowed to lurk at any neopets forum, let alone neopets cheating forum.
    Do i have a correct info or is that just hearsay?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Whilst it was well written and very detailed, this is just a form of bullying.

Honestly just drop the whole 'Becka' thing. Yes, she did some silly things, was a bit paranoid and immature she's only what 14 or 15? She's young and inexperienced and maybe took the situation a bit too seriously but there is no reason to constantly pick on her weight or keep bringing up the subject.

I'm not directing this to anyone but yeh...I think its getting beyond funny to just being plain mean.

Edit; The Tony P guy, is a prick, he may have made threats and exaggerated threats to scare her and blackmail her (successfully might I add). If I was a 13 year old and got received threats from someone like that I'd be pretty paranoid too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chi For This Useful Post:

Ryan~ (07-16-2012)