Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What came first the chicken or the egg?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Chicken...

It refers to chicken egg, not an egg in general O.o
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it depends on what the chicken evolved from. If a chicken evolved from a bird or another animal that lays eggs, then I think the egg had to of come first because birds lay eggs and baby birds are born from the eggs. If chickens evolved from birds, then the DNA of a baby bird would of had to have had a mutation(s) to turn the bird into a chicken. And since DNA rarely changes when animals are living, with the exception of stuff like radiation, the mutated baby bird would of been produced as a chicken during mitosis. When the egg hatched a baby chicken was born. Of course this had to have taken millions of years because evolution is a such a slow process. Its had for me to believe that a chicken evolved from an animal that does not lay eggs because of the way chickens have their young, born from eggs. But I guess anything is possible.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I think its the egg , 2 species of a chickens ancestors at some point made a egg witch then set off a entire new species. These chicken ancestors did not come out of an egg themselves. But every "chicken" after the egg they produced did. This chicken ancestor themselves where not a chicken by today's standards , remember they did not come from a egg themselves , they was not chickens. Although apparently the female may of had messed up genetics that caused it to lay eggs and this trait obviously worked better for them as evolution made sure they become the dominant new species.

So its the egg??? I think , from a chicken ancestor that maybe had messed up genetics that caused it to lay eggs. Or perhaps the egg itself had messed up genetics. But either way , whatever the egg come from cannot be classed as a chicken , so it was the egg?
    Last edited by DarkByte; 07-10-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    I think its the egg , 2 species of a chickens ancestors at some point made a egg witch then set off a entire new species. These chicken ancestors did not come out of an egg themselves. But every "chicken" after the egg they produced did. This chicken ancestor themselves where not a chicken by today's standards , remember they did not come from a egg themselves , they was not chickens. Although apparently the female may of had messed up genetics that caused it to lay eggs and this trait obviously worked better for them as evolution made sure they become the dominant new species.

So its the egg??? I think , from a chicken ancestor that maybe had messed up genetics that caused it to lay eggs. Or perhaps the egg itself had messed up genetics. But either way , whatever the egg come from cannot be classed as a chicken , so it was the egg?
    Who's to say a chicken ancestor is not a chicken though? Exactly what specs do you need to be called a chicken? That's the defining point. What exactly counts as an egg coming first and a chicken being born. It's not like chickens were born in a situation where 2 dinosaurs mated, had an egg and a chicken came out. If these ancestors of chickens were closely related and not defined exactly, who's to say they're just old-age chickens? IE humans have atleast 5 different classifications due to the evolution of time. They're still all humans.

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    The specs I need it to be a chicken are for its genetics to be that of a chicken. Ancestors do not count Humans is a collective term , our species name is homo sapiens before that sapiens idaltu before that rudolfensis. Or at least thats the closest we have found to it. The closest chicken ansestor we have found was a Gallus decosterus , but chicken is not a collective term unlike human its the name of a species. Gallus decosterus was not a chicken.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    50/50 chance, im gonna go with chicken. but dont really care either way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Khelddar For This Useful Post:

DarkByte (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Gotta love them odds

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    4h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Chicken, from a creationists standpoint

~*~ Kylae's BFF #1 ~*~
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ideally, I'd like to say two things should come together at the same time WINK but, egg.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The egg laid by the last thing before the first chicken
    so egg

But then at that point was it a chicken egg or 'the thing that evolved into a chicken' egg
    so you can go either way, oh well