6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

[Request] Guide to creating programs or scripts

I know it's a long shot, but I was wondering if anybody had step-by-step guides to creating a Neopets program/script? Could be anything, even something as simple as moving items from the inventory to the SDB or shop....just to get things started. Or perhaps even as complex has how to actually create a score sender. I have tried to look up as many programming guides but unfortunately my programming knowledge is basically zero, and nothing is indepth enough or specific enough to actually get my learning process going.
    So yeah, if someone could make a step-by-step with pictures or bits of code. Or point me to a guide that is in-depth enough for people with zero knowledge then that would be absolutely fantastic. I used to write step-by-step guides myself for playing games so yeah I know the work that goes into guide writing, but honestly I'd love to be a programmer one day, but unfortunately most people just point you to actual programs including; python and other various things, but again...my knowledge is crap all on how to actually use them.
    So yeah, long winded post, I know I'll probably not get the answer I'm looking for but it is worth a shot asking I guess.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ban For This Useful Post:

donovanrules1234 (04-07-2015),Goten (04-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you!

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

And btw I remember making an in-depth guide to the very first altador cup, haha! (referring to your siggy) Too bad my team got 2nd =(

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Let me know of any custom request for python and ill see what i can whip up , though my turtle beaches died so it will be text based :X.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    You're going to want to know the basics of programming first. I'd suggest learning Python, and using either Codecademy or going through the exercises in the book Learn Python the Hard Way for that. After you know the basics (variable types, arrays, methods/functions, for/while loops, etc), you should take a look at the tutorials that @(you need an account to see links) made. They are a fantastic resource for creating Neopets programs, and they helped me a ton when I was getting started.

Good luck!

Selling everything - PM me what you're looking for!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks guys =)
    Up until this point I have found it easiest to use a program called "auto-it" to create my bots/scripts.
    However I do it the stupid way as in "MouseClick" and have it click on X,Y coordinates. While I have noticed that programmers tend to do it the proper way by actually finding that specific piece of code or whatever to click something. The disadvantage with my way of course is that it is specifically tailored to my screen with my resolution at a specific time.
    One "bot" that I have created for example is the kacheek seek game. I copy/paste the map link into the browser then check the source code, then open up all possible finding spots. Then have my auto it script use "alt+tab" and just refresh on each link. And voila I have a kacheek seek autoplayer. Obviously this suffers from an immense amount of problems - ie when the pet gets bored.

But yeah, that's how I've been doing it. I always find doing things the stupid way easiest. Haha

But thank you guys =)

One guide that I would love is a proxy guide as well. I don't know crap about them but the internet tells me that you can have different types of proxies (ie anonymous) and not all of them are safe. So yeah I don't know what to do. I'd love to hack rather than bot but I've read that this is unsafe coz it can get you fined/prisoned. So anybody know safe ways to hack? =D I'd love to hack the PW to my old neopets account (have sent thousands of tickets to no avail).

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by donovanrules1234 View Post
    One guide that I would love is a proxy guide as well. I don't know crap about them but the internet tells me that you can have different types of proxies (ie anonymous) and not all of them are safe. So yeah I don't know what to do. I'd love to hack rather than bot but I've read that this is unsafe coz it can get you fined/prisoned. So anybody know safe ways to hack? =D I'd love to hack the PW to my old neopets account (have sent thousands of tickets to no avail).
    If you try searching, you'll find some good proxy guides on here, like
    (you need an account to see links)
    and (you need an account to see links)

As for hacking your old neopets account pw, it doesn't work like that unfortunately. Otherwise everyone would just get into the biggest accounts! Is your old account purged or still on the system? If it's still around, you can try to get access via email (re-register the email you used to create the account), however last I checked this method was currently down.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by donovanrules1234 View Post
    Thanks guys =)
    Up until this point I have found it easiest to use a program called "auto-it" to create my bots/scripts.
    However I do it the stupid way as in "MouseClick" and have it click on X,Y coordinates. While I have noticed that programmers tend to do it the proper way by actually finding that specific piece of code or whatever to click something. The disadvantage with my way of course is that it is specifically tailored to my screen with my resolution at a specific time.
    One "bot" that I have created for example is the kacheek seek game. I copy/paste the map link into the browser then check the source code, then open up all possible finding spots. Then have my auto it script use "alt+tab" and just refresh on each link. And voila I have a kacheek seek autoplayer. Obviously this suffers from an immense amount of problems - ie when the pet gets bored.

But yeah, that's how I've been doing it. I always find doing things the stupid way easiest. Haha

But thank you guys =)

If it was last seen long, long ago, @(you need an account to see links) can probably sell you the password

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you =)
    I have been bookmarking all the links and I have watched all the videos. Thank you guys =)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to donovanrules1234 For This Useful Post:

DarkByte (04-15-2015)