Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I don't know if this has already been said, but whatever you decide to do, make it sustainable.
    Doing the insanity workout sounds good, but if you aren't able to maintain it and burn out and go back to sitting on a couch, it isn't worth it.
    Start doing something that you can imagine yourself doing for months or years.
    Taking a brisk, long walk is frequently a good choice. And by long I mean like an hour of walking.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    clean eating for the win
    increase your intake of whole grains + hit your daily macro intake.
    also, the best way to lose weight is by gaining muscles
    weight training + dieting.
    though dieting has been said to contribute to 80% of overall weight loss/ muscle development
    and by dieting i mean clean eating.

you will see the changes.
    i promise you

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm about to start a big weight loss journey because I suffered massive sports injuries and just let myself fall into a funk.
    Do weight training! The number on the scale may look heavier because muscle is heavier than fat, but your body will be a lot more lean and toned. Eat tons of fiber and drink tons of water. Whole grain everything, lots of healthy fiber snacks between small meals. Do not skimp on eating breakfast - it's sets your metabolism up for the whole day and will help you eat less throughout the day. Find a system that works for you - if you don't enjoy working out, you won't do it, so you have to find ways to do it that you enjoy doing. Crossfit is amazing, Insanity is amazing, rowing machines are the shit, stationary bikes are awesome. Just find things that you love to do so that you will be motivated to do them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to riverdale For This Useful Post:

monzter (06-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 8h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ok this is dumb. Looking through the first two pages of this just make me cringe.

If you want to have lasting, healthy weight loss. See a nutritionist/dietitian, they will put you on a better track than people online.

It is not about depriving your body or never having pizza or whatever, because like, fuck it. Everything in moderation, it is fuel and gives you exchanges of things you need.

Sorry, not trying to hate on your thread here, but like omg. Professionals. Also don't focus on the weight dude, like fuck, if you are doing workouts and changing that part of your life there is muscleeeeeee, which weighsss stufffff.

Hi bye. Much luck in feeling ok with your body.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boardwalks For This Useful Post:

Hinth (06-29-2013),teletubby (07-01-2013),Toasted (06-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by boardwalks View Post
    Ok this is dumb. Looking through the first two pages of this just make me cringe.

If you want to have lasting, healthy weight loss. See a nutritionist/dietitian, they will put you on a better track than people online.

It is not about depriving your body or never having pizza or whatever, because like, fuck it. Everything in moderation, it is fuel and gives you exchanges of things you need.

Sorry, not trying to hate on your thread here, but like omg. Professionals. Also don't focus on the weight dude, like fuck, if you are doing workouts and changing that part of your life there is muscleeeeeee, which weighsss stufffff.

Hi bye. Much luck in feeling ok with your body.
    Lifting is 40%. Diet is 60% (at least).

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I believe the average person won't be able to stick to a diet that doesn't have a binge day once a week.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That can be debated. IF you truly want to lose weight or you have a deadline, you do what it takes.

6-7 meals a day, 3 meals with 3-4 snacks. You don't have to not eat period, but it does help if you don't eat as much or cut back on calories. When I took weightlifting in high school, I barely ate and I lost no weight, but when I ate like above, with salads, protein, etc., I lost 20 pounds in 3-3.5 weeks and that's with hardly any effort.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by superman666 View Post
    I believe the average person won't be able to stick to a diet that doesn't have a binge day once a week.
    binge days are...kind of stupid. You're not meant to be teaching your body that consuming copious amounts of food is OK. A cheat/indulgence meal, or simply adding on some more calories/being more flexible for a day will do you just fine. The key is to teach your body moderation, not restriction then flat out binging.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hi Daphne,
    It''s easy to lose extra weight in the beginning and hard to lose weight later , so stick with your workouts and follow balanced diet meal plan. Cardio exercises are great to burn fat, boost metabolism and lose weight so start cardio exercises and prefer raw food over processed food.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Clydes; 12-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.