Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Obama will be reelected? Yes or No?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Party: Conservative/Republican/Libertarian
    Want: Ron Paul for President
    Why?: Because Ron Paul believes in small government and limiting the role of the federal government to what is listed in the constitution.

@(you need an account to see links): I dont necessarily think that Obama has the support of a lot of younger voters. I have thought that recently a lot of younger voters have been more right leaning. But being this will be the 1st year I can vote take that last statement with a grain of salt :p

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I have to admit, my post is probably ignorant of a lot of the facts. Mostly because I haven't really followed things lately.

At the current time, I am against Obama.

I think we have had about enough of him, and we should give somebody else a try. I don't feel like he has really helped out too much. He has done a lot of things, spent a lot of money, but we are still in pretty much the same spot. I don't feel like anything has increased too tremendously. Yes, the troops came home, and yes Osama was killed while he was president. But he really didn't do much on either front. I know people who were indirectly involved in the capturing of Osama, and while they cannot go into details at all, they said the Obama administration put up more roadblocks for them than times it helped. And we might be bringing our troops home.. but only from Iraq/Iran/etc. We are still deploying troops everyday, just to different parts of the world, for different places. Many of the troops coming home from the middle east are just going other places.

One thing that I can effectively judge him on, is his appearance on the world stage. In the aspect, i don't think he has made too good of an impression. I hear more about his golf games and vacations than I do about the effective policies he puts in place. I feel like he and his family treat the white house as a free ride to do pretty much whatever, whenever they want. This might just be me ranting, but it seems a little over the top to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    As an Australian who thinks american politics is flawed in the first place, I'd say Obama has done a better job than the last president?

Edit: Thought I'd just say why. Your two political parties are complete opposite ends of the spectrum imo. IF one says this then other other instantly says the opposite. Media is way to involved in politics and some are bias towards others because they get $$ for doing it. Its not compulsory to vote which is super strange.... and in general some of the politics are just backwards (and how people to respond to good bills and such)
    Last edited by Chi; 01-03-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Azn View Post
    By left of the Democrats, do you mean you are an extreme liberal? I agree with you, despite what people say about Obama, he has improved America on a wide range of different topics. He has fulfilled his promise to end the war, he has advanced gay rights by repealing DADT, and much more. I feel like he will lead us to a better four years than the Republicans will. I fear for America if Michelle Bachman were in charge.
    I'm incredibly socially Liberal, though not economically so much. I'm also more left-wing economically in terms of the welfare state and support for those who need it.

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    One thing that I can effectively judge him on, is his appearance on the world stage. In the aspect, i don't think he has made too good of an impression. I hear more about his golf games and vacations than I do about the effective policies he puts in place. I feel like he and his family treat the white house as a free ride to do pretty much whatever, whenever they want. This might just be me ranting, but it seems a little over the top to me.
    On the world stage I'd have to disagree entirely. The UK as a country is still confused about how its relationship with the US works these days, post Reagan/Thatcher and Blair/Bush but one thing is clear- Obama is viewed as a strong President with a good conscience, in direct contrast with the Republican candidates(who on the whole remain mostly unknown but will be judged in a similar way to Sarah Palin, as a radical right-winger who doesn't have a clue what she's talking about, a figure of fun. Whenever our satirical shows deal with the US, it's always the right-wing, the Republicans, the Tea Party. On a World Stage, Obama is still viewed very favourably in the Eurozone at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Edit: Thought I'd just say why. Your two political parties are complete opposite ends of the spectrum imo. IF one says this then other other instantly says the opposite. Media is way to involved in politics and some are bias towards others because they get $$ for doing it. Its not compulsory to vote which is super strange.... and in general some of the politics are just backwards (and how people to respond to good bills and such)
    I agree, US politics seems to be a lot more polarised than most other democracies. There's Media Bias everywhere, it's just that some places have stricter rules so it is done more subtly. I'm not sure I'd agree with compulsory voting though- Only 25 countries in the world have it and only 10 of those enforce it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoSunset For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-03-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Nope as far as I'm concerned, Generation X is pretty split open, leading more towards the right, but after that, Generation Y is more liberal, especially late Generation Y. Obama has the stronger support among young Americans. This is due to a less religious generation, and Americans are growing up open to new ideas. I know some Democrats/independent that are going for either Obama or Ron Paul. I'm curious as to why you consider yourself conservative, what issues do you agree with the Republican party on?

(you need an account to see links)

You didn't state your political party ... He has not spent as much money as Bush... People seem to exaggerate the amount of debt that Obama has caused. 10 Trillion was from Bush's presidency, we are at 15 Trillion now, but some Republicans insist he tripled the debt... And if you are concerned about getting into foreign affairs, besides Ron Paul, all the other Republican candidates would push us further into the business of other countries.

Why are people focusing on Obama's personal life? It's because he's a people president, people like to hear about his basketball games just like they like to hear about Kim Kardashian's wedding. People are also ripping on Lady Michelle's vacations because they can't dig dirt on her, she's playing an active part in promoting healthy lifestyles for kids and she makes a lot of public appearances. Also, read this article the next time you want to talk about Michelle Obama's vacations:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

I agree with the republican party on the idea of small federal government, cutting taxes, reducing inefficiencies in the government, and immigration but other than that I dont care left what the constitution says be the supreme law of the land like we have always been taught it is. I used to think of myself as a conservative but now when anybody asks I say Libertarian because everything I have read about their ideas makes complete sense. The Libertarian ideas tell you to think for yourself and learn what is right and wrong not have somebody tell you how to live your life. For example on the issue of the legalization of drugs Ron Paul doesnt like drugs but he doesnt think anybody should tell you what you can and cannot put into your body. Ron Paul has had the same platform since he began politics in the 70's.

If anybody wants to see what Ron Paul believes watch this interview of him on the Tonight Show.

Ron Paul 2012!
    Ron Paul Revolution!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by runbikesurf View Post

I agree with the republican party on the idea of small federal government, cutting taxes, reducing inefficiencies in the government, and immigration but other than that I dont care left what the constitution says be the supreme law of the land like we have always been taught it is. I used to think of myself as a conservative but now when anybody asks I say Libertarian because everything I have read about their ideas makes complete sense. The Libertarian ideas tell you to think for yourself and learn what is right and wrong not have somebody tell you how to live your life. For example on the issue of the legalization of drugs Ron Paul doesnt like drugs but he doesnt think anybody should tell you what you can and cannot put into your body. Ron Paul has had the same platform since he began politics in the 70's.

If anybody wants to see what Ron Paul believes watch this interview of him on the Tonight Show.

Ron Paul 2012!
    Ron Paul Revolution!
    This a bit off-topic but, what are your views on abortion, same-sex marriage, and the death penalty? Also, what is the Libertarian view on these issues since it seems mixed. Ron Paul is my second choice after Obama because I believe he is better than anyone on the Republican side.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    PARTY: I'm 14, but I lean right.
    WANT: Mitt Romney
    THINK: I don't agree with Romney on a lot of social issues, and I don't follow politics that much, but I feel like Romney knows economics being a businessman himself. What has Obama done for our economy in the last four years?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    This is all foreign to me. I am Canadian, we are laid back and do not care much about politics compared to Americans and yet we seem to do fine or at least that is how I see it lol. I followed a bit of the Obama campaign and that election when it happened but this election I am at a total loss of what is even happening. Can someone make a point form post of the candidates and a quick blurb about their stance on things? For individuals like myself who may want to follow the election a bit but are totally confused about the whole thing and just need a quick crash course of the candidates. I am curious to see how the next Presidential elections go but it is actually hard to follow when, as a Canadian, everything is right wing extremist this left wing extremist view that...I do not even know the difference lol.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past are certain to miss the future!