DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Probably a silly question but do they have a local bus you can take? I had an under the table job when i was 15 and got there by bus. Or TRY and find a job close to where you can bike it. I don't know how you can do it without a vehicle! I do have to say my dad is a nice person when he wants to be and bought me my ford explorer ( piece of shit but gets me to where i gotta go ).

Infamous Joe is you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    At first i hated how I could relate with Ben, NOW I can relate with ./m
    Geezus, I thought I was the only one.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The bus pass is hella expensive in my town, and the busses are slow and unreliable (according to my friends who use them to get to school)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarydark View Post
    At first i hated how I could relate with Ben, NOW I can relate with ./m
    Geezus, I thought I was the only one.
    Haha i thought the same thing, a lot of thing i can relate to what people say, its kinda scary cause i thought it was just me that goes though bad things. Sucks that other people go through shit like this too.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Ahh that sucks when i did take the bus it was like a dollar i believe. Scary shit goes on in there man! lol. Well like they say, those shoes we're made for walkin
    Maybe try getting an online job? Not sure doing what but you could always look into it if you dont have transportation.

Infamous Joe is you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    Haha i thought the same thing, a lot of thing i can relate to what people say, its kinda scary cause i thought it was just me that goes though bad things. Sucks that other people go through shit like this too.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Ahh that sucks when i did take the bus it was like a dollar i believe. Scary shit goes on in there man! lol. Well like they say, those shoes we're made for walkin
    Maybe try getting an online job? Not sure doing what but you could always look into it if you dont have transportation.
    I'm actually lookin' forward to moving back into my crappy dorm and enduring the hardest semester of 16 hours I have ever tackled.
    While working on a Toxicology Grant, Which takes up 1 WHOLE day, so All my hw and studying has to be done in advance to that day.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'd rather be in my dorm than home anytime, even with a 25 hr/week schedule (last quarter, not including hw)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    May be embarrassing, but buy a cheap moped to get you where you need this spring. They aren't terribly expensive and get great MPG. People take them to my university all the time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ew I hate the holidays. Mainly because all the food temptation and all the annoying people I have to deal with xD

There's nothing more that I could have asked for � except for it to last forever,

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
    Start taking a bus. It was MADE for people without cars. I used to take the bus to uni everyday. My uni was on the other edge of the city, and it was an 70 minute commute during rush hours. I manned through that for years. Surprisingly, buses do VERY well during rush hours because cars have to yield for them. If I had driven to school during rush hour, it would have taken twice as long. So buses are really not that bad if they are your only option.
    I would suck it up and take a bus if I could actually afford a bus pass. Also the thing before that, I made the choice to move out and go to school. I've been able to get by on financial aid, but recently they changed my aid (due to funding shortages) and its much more difficult. Mom still does help to support me but her hours got cut again too. I'm not exactly complaining about not having a car, I'm complaining about the lack of means to get money, because in order to get money (at least in my area) takes a bit of money that can't be afforded. The only complaint about my mom is that she won't let me /use/ the car when it isn't being used and won't let me just have space. People are different though. Just because you weren't ready to be independent or on your own or whatever doesn't mean I wasn't. I got stuck by a shit economy (that's thankfully starting to recover) in a location where it's expensive to get ANYTHING done.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
    I guess I just have a different opinion of independence. What I consider independent is being able to live on your own, afford transportation, having a steady job, student debts are paid off or are getting paid off comfortably, etc. That was when I was finally able to tell my parents to back off because I didn't need them financially anymore.

Although being a student does make it a completely different ball game. I hated undergrad. I don't think I can handle being that poor again. Do you normally live in a dorm?
    Sadly its kinda hard to be independent easily and i can complete understand where he is coming from. I had a fulltime job right out of high school, i was there ( 10 days ago), i made manager status in a year with me being only 19 at that time, i have a vehicle, my debts were payed off and everything, but i cant move out because i cant afford it, ive tried and i failed and accepted that i cannot yet. I'm 20. I only have a vehicle because of my dad, which is the only reason why i was able to find a job. Taking a bus is easy but what if there wasnt one close? I live a good 5 miles or more from where i can even start to look for a job because there are only roads and houses...and there isnt a bus route anywhere near where i live so finding a place close to work really doesnt work well either if you live far away from civilization.

Infamous Joe is you.