[GUIDE] Proxies and how to use them
1. Proxy , What is it ? A server process that intercepts requests from a client, passes them to an origin server and returns the response to the client while performing various other operations in the process.
2. Where can I find a Proxy Server ? There are many places to find them, there are Private proxies servers called VPNs or Public Proxy websites, many of these require subscriptions.
Here are a few places where you can get free proxies;
The above provide list of proxies that you can use. The below allow you to enter websites using thier hidden proxy address through a search bar;
3. What is a VPN ? A Virtual Private Network is a network technology that creates a secure network connection over a public network such as the Internet or a private network owned by a service provider. A VPN can connect multiple sites over a large distance just like a Wide Area Network. A VPN is a inexpensive effective way of building a private network. The use of the Internet as the main communications channel between sites is a cost effective alternative to expensive leased private lines.
Now your wondering where you can get a VPN ? Many of them cost a subscription fee there are a few that are free though. although I have only had success with one free one, thats why it is the only listed under free for now.
These are just a few that I have tried and recommend, however there are lots more on the market and a quick google search will show that.
4. While exploring the world of Proxies you may have come across the term tunneling. Well I shall explain to you what that is Tunneling -transmitting one computer network protocol that is encapsulated inside another network protocol, YAY for geek talk, now some plain text for common users,Tunneling is A technology that enables one network to send its data via another network's connections.
5. Hidding your Ip is not only great for our uses for neopets, but its good to secure your computer, as alot of the paid VPN services can be left running 24/7. You will never need your real IP address again. Unless you choose to not stay connected to your VPN.
6. Why is hidding my IP a smart choice. In the case of using programs from the site, and using them on neo, If your logged into neo on an IP and they ban one account, they may ban many accounts if they see that it is from the same IP, so it is wise to protect yourself and change your IP often. However try to remember what country you accessed you neo accounts from according to your VPN service. example would be lets say I logged account xxxxx into canada but I live in japan, my proxy reads me to be in canada. next time I got to log into my account my proxy is reading that im in egypt. this will look funny to tnt, so refresh your proxies till you match your country that you logged from the first time. this will help prevent you from being frozen if you keep your accounts on the same regional area.
7. YAY, you've figured out everything above. now you should be on your way to having fun running proxies. As a note there are some public proxies that will not work, which means TNT will see your home IP address, its a gamble to use public IP addressess, Thats why its safer to use a paid VPN. But it is up to you if you want to be risky or not.
8. STAY SAFE!
9. DISCLAIMER - I am not affilated with any of the sites above, I can not guarntee anyone of the programs listed above. Nor can I guarntee the validity of the public IP addresses. AS I am not affilated with any site listed here.
10. THANK YOU - for reading my guide.
Last edited by utahclock; 03-06-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Thanks a lot for this guide, this will help me move around from my Accs very helpful I appreciate it.
added a free vpn!
Keep in mind that Hidemyass does give information away, like the member of Lulsec that was caught after attacking Sony I believe it was.
I don't know about all these other sites, but I do know about Hidemyass....but then again, I doubt everyone else doesn't use proxies for hacking and exploiting the internet, etc.
But then WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR?!?!?!?! O.o (Just kidding)
Hey, can you please explain socks SSL and daisy chaining? I get the html proxys part, but what about encrypting one's traffic, because I understand that its anonymous, but is it private?
Thanks in advance.
why is this in general discussion section?
nice guide anyways.
because its a general topic, it niether is neopets nor spam
Hidemyass.com the corporation gave away information on a search warrant, the proxy itself did not give up the user.
Ty for this. +rep when I get home.because my phone is being a stupid shithead.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks a lot for this guide, this will help me move around from my Accs very helpful I appreciate it. :3