Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thought In Process: Human-like Neopet Autoplayer?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank12 View Post
    Ciricus, just saying that some thing you come up with have never been thought of before seems a tad pretentious for a newer programmer.

And by things you only have thought of, would any of these include -
    Randomization of time between bot changes, random clicking around the site (need pathways for this), using games (scoresender) to supplement neopoints when bank is low, selling on the trading post (imo it would probably be easier to auction, and create or link to an item database for UB items. I guess you can use a shop auto pricer for small time items, but for larger items, maybe a trading post reader, where it reads the number associated with the item, creates the lot, and then accepts or rejects trades based on tht proximity to the initial tp price. You'd have to factor in ETS items.) How about neomail exchange, finding a lifelike way to respond to potential neomails? A neoboard poster in the rs and chats - would improve legitimacy of any rsed item. Or making it so, like a normal user, they gravitate towards certain items in auctions. Again, a database for items would be key here, as it could reflect what the max price spending would be (percentage based maybe). Stock buyers and auto trainers are easy. As for shop autobuying, as well as auction sniping, it would be interesting to see if an item value purchased exceeded x value, it doesnt sit in the inventory but instead goes to trades or auctions, randomly. I would assume that might be a tip off to TNT, when an item of plus 5 mil is bought and the bot continues to run. I know if I legit rsed something of that value, I would at least move it right away. How about adding avatar grabbers and such to make the account more legit? As neo users typically like to improve their account from time to time, I can see something like that being likely. Advertising on neoboards would be pretty interesting. Shop bans would need to be assessed. When a bot gets banned, there seems to be delay between the ban and when the bot reads the ban and ceases. Flawless integration is a must. When you are banned on neo, you don't just keep mindlessly refreshing. You go rant about it somewhere, or sign off for a bit. Sign off, that another thing. That can't be randomized across a broad spectrum. Assume a normal day. Log ons and log offs need to be within certain times. I dont log on at 4 am and sign off at 9 pm. Or log on for 2 minutes. Typically when i log on and off, its around a certain time. daily doers seem pretty neccesary, but maybe randomize it so not all are done at once and not all are even done. Most of the time, people don't even bother with all of the dailies.

Just spitting some ideas.
    The ideas I have thought of has nothing to do with programming. It may be pretentious as a person, but not as a programmer. I don't know if you're a programmer, but yes, those are all small features I have already planned out for the bot. The reason why I decided to take up programming myself instead of simply relaying all my ideas to someone else is because obviously I don't want them stolen and I want credit for my work. Also quality of work assurance. Finally, the reason why I officially started learning programming (while I already knew the basics beforehand through minor knowledge of js and php, as well as working in coursework with VB macros and microsoft access) was to ensure I created blueprints to a program that was 100% possible.

Your ideas are good, and in the right direction. I have already written down eveything you have said though, as well as more on my own piece of papers (20 pages long roughly). Random refresh is obvious, as is alot of the features you've talked about. You have said some interesting things that I will go over more thoroughly, but yes, I have thought of all of those features and they are a mere tip of the iceberg. Addtionally, I have written in psuedo-code how all these features will be implemented. I am in the final stages of planning as to how to run these features together, which I need more knowledge on threading to do accurately.

Another intteresting tid bit is I've already figured out a way for the bot to scan for, offer and accept/reject trade offers for items in excess of 800k. Interactive neomails I have some beta ideas, but nothing 100% solid yet, though the ideas are still very good compared to no idea at all

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I like ur ideas and you raise a good point there are certain things a human does that just sticking a scheduler inside to handle is just not enough , I have a way around this however. One of my old progs nts had a built in scripting language having bots u can run with different options from a scripting language gives u a lot more options to customise the bot so it runs in a way unique to you.

The trick is making this easy for a none experienced programmer to do.
    Last edited by DarkByte; 07-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.