Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thought In Process: Human-like Neopet Autoplayer?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Now now fellas, while I may not have any programming authority so to speak as I've just started learning it (although some people recommended me to switch to learn C#, not quite sure if this would be a change suited toward making autonomous human bots) please don't fight. I'm sure neither of you means to offend the other, and sometimes there are misunderstandings which cause arguments. While in general, I don't plan on releasing exact details to the public, especially on the specifics of HOW the bot works (for obvious reasons being other people taking ideas, TNT spotting ideas and looking out for them, and just overhype from people who want to abuse such a program) I fully respect any contribution in the direction of this thread. And even while trying to distance myself from the exact details i have for this project, I would happily give my input on anyone's crack at this program.

I do believe this program to be entirely unique, however, not by the features it will include, but by how the threads can seamlessly interact with each other. That would be the foundation of my theory to making such a bot. Still, honestly, I don't think I've actually explained in 100% detail every single knit-picked step of my program ideas as how the program can interact in the game since I am still thinking of them.

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    This idea may be unique to neopets but it has been done a thousand times in other games I have been involved with. The fact that its not been made in the past is kind of my point. No ones fighting I honestly dont care but don't think that every other programmer who has worked for neopets has not had this idea at least at one point while programming.

Infact joe as the source code to rarebot , a attempt at a program just like this I did about 7 years ago. So yeah...
    Last edited by DarkByte; 07-09-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    This idea may be unique to neopets but it has been done a thousand times in other games I have been involved with. The fact that its not been made in the past is kind of my point. No ones fighting I honestly dont care but don't think that every other programmer who has worked for neopets has not had this idea at least at one point while programming.
    If you say so. But tell me what games you could possibly mean that this idea "has been done in the past". And yes of course the idea is not brand new. Human-like androids are what man first dreamed of when stepping into robotics. If those thousands of games you've been involved with has had such a success rate at emulating a human player, I'd happily listen to any ideas you've obtained about the bot initiating conversation with other players. That is one of the most valued and buggiest features that I'm planning out. Making it in such a way where a bot responds normally and can even initiate conversation is an arduous task which likely would require too much work and resources.

If you have a good method, feel free to disprove the pride of my work.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I see so now you want my ideas but you will not share with me yours.

My program will be open source with no auth as with everyone of my programs, you can take the features when its out I am not trying to make money off bots.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 12h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Damn, Zach got ripped to pieces a few posts earlier.

What Rare has said is true though. He set the standards for Neopets cheating a long time ago and since then people have done nothing but find other ways of re-creating and improving these bots with different features.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I see so now you want my ideas but you will not share with me yours.

My program will be open source with no auth as with everyone of my programs, you can take the features when its out I am not trying to make money off bots.
    Entirely wrong. I don't really care much for your ideas about the actual bot. Your ideas without the direction I'm leaning toward is 100% useless to me. It's like putting the wrong engine in a car when building one. I was looking for your input, and if you had any concerns about anything said, I would reply to the best of my ability. It's more if any I said was offensive, or if you had any gripes with me or this post. I will say this here though, I won't share ideas PUBLICLY. This means to those who aren't collaborating with me, I won't share my specific ideas with them. If you think I'm full of talk, perhaps I am, but as I've said I've already thought of several ways to create human interaction between bot and legitimate players, as well as FAR more features for this particular bot than ever thought of before.

Yes, this means your bots. I have atleast a dozen different actions in mind for this bot which has never before been seen, much less even thought of by you. It's a pity, but it seems when people have been programming too long, they forget how to be dreamers.

P.S. A bot that is public is useless for the program at hand. This is for obvious reasons, but you're a programmer, use logic. Maybe in a decade you might figure it out
    Last edited by Xanice; 07-09-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I disagree a bot that is public and open source teaches future generations of programmers. Even if I make a key quest auto player for instance that sucked and was on a vb timer it would be a huge deal. Programmers would use my source and improve it until eventually key quest players are a normal bot found in every forum.

On the other hand I can charge for it like u intend. Or release privately on this forum and move up in the ranks. Neither appeal to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I disagree a bot that is public and open source teaches future generations of programmers. Even if I make a key quest auto player for instance that sucked and was on a vb timer it would be a huge deal. Programmers would use my source and improve it until eventually key quest players are a normal bot found in every forum.

On the other hand I can charge for it like u intend. Or release privately on this forum and move up in the ranks. Neither appeal to me.
    The source is not the problem. The program's framework doesn't require tons of programming know-how. Most functions of it can be done in an extremely simple manner. Of course efficiency is an issue, and coding it in a way so that the threads don't interfere with each other threads, and there are probably a few intricacies I can't recognize yet at my level.

HOWEVER. You misunderstand my point. The point of a program is to be beneficial to the users. With that being said, there is no amount of source code improvement that can 'fix' the problem with a public bot. It's blindingly obvious what the problem with a human-like public bot is, but thinking outside your own viewpoints is healthy for you, if you get around to it. Charging is only a means to an end for this bot. It's like Joe having VIP for clraik. You do it to stop leechers for one, but another way to look at it is to keep the userbase more exclusive. Additionally, it's a win win, because members get access and he gets a little compensation for his time.

You're correct. Open-source does help programmers of the future, and that's respectable. But that is NOT my purpose in imagining this bot. I am not imagining a bot for a dying game as a medium to help programmers. It is meant for people in the community to play the game more effectively without risk and without spending hours upon hours doing things they dread.

Regardless, thank you for the contribution to this thread, but it appears that the target audience you have in mind is not aligned with the one I have in mind. Best of luck with your program. I hope it teaches alot of new programmers much in the future.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I don't know how this all got started but it's fun to watch. Rare I know you are a great programmer and you are very innovative but our programming styles conflict. That's all I was saying when I said I won't be working with you.

It seems to me like you are more into finding new things to program: new exploits, new bots, new methods, etc. Which is very cool - that is definitely a key part of a Neo cheating community. I'm more into optimization, expanding, and adding features/anti-ice methods. Both are important components and thrive off each other.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Ciricus, just saying that some thing you come up with have never been thought of before seems a tad pretentious for a newer programmer.

And by things you only have thought of, would any of these include -
    Randomization of time between bot changes, random clicking around the site (need pathways for this), using games (scoresender) to supplement neopoints when bank is low, selling on the trading post (imo it would probably be easier to auction, and create or link to an item database for UB items. I guess you can use a shop auto pricer for small time items, but for larger items, maybe a trading post reader, where it reads the number associated with the item, creates the lot, and then accepts or rejects trades based on tht proximity to the initial tp price. You'd have to factor in ETS items.) How about neomail exchange, finding a lifelike way to respond to potential neomails? A neoboard poster in the rs and chats - would improve legitimacy of any rsed item. Or making it so, like a normal user, they gravitate towards certain items in auctions. Again, a database for items would be key here, as it could reflect what the max price spending would be (percentage based maybe). Stock buyers and auto trainers are easy. As for shop autobuying, as well as auction sniping, it would be interesting to see if an item value purchased exceeded x value, it doesnt sit in the inventory but instead goes to trades or auctions, randomly. I would assume that might be a tip off to TNT, when an item of plus 5 mil is bought and the bot continues to run. I know if I legit rsed something of that value, I would at least move it right away. How about adding avatar grabbers and such to make the account more legit? As neo users typically like to improve their account from time to time, I can see something like that being likely. Advertising on neoboards would be pretty interesting. Shop bans would need to be assessed. When a bot gets banned, there seems to be delay between the ban and when the bot reads the ban and ceases. Flawless integration is a must. When you are banned on neo, you don't just keep mindlessly refreshing. You go rant about it somewhere, or sign off for a bit. Sign off, that another thing. That can't be randomized across a broad spectrum. Assume a normal day. Log ons and log offs need to be within certain times. I dont log on at 4 am and sign off at 9 pm. Or log on for 2 minutes. Typically when i log on and off, its around a certain time. daily doers seem pretty neccesary, but maybe randomize it so not all are done at once and not all are even done. Most of the time, people don't even bother with all of the dailies.

Just spitting some ideas.