Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought In Process: Human-like Neopet Autoplayer?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    I made one of these a while back... it's basically a Neopets autoplayer that you tell it what to do (shop snipe, main shop AB, auctions, get avatars, dailies, etc.) but I just broke it down into multiple programs and released them that way.

I think with the resources from the .NET framework, it would be a lot more efficient to make this now though (especially with easier threading).
    Hmm. Well I don't have literal knowledge of any programming languages. However, I understand just about everything from how programs are structured, to how to go about creating them (I think, so long as I have a good idea of what parameters/ tools each language has to offer). Of course this will take me time to read up on alot, but I'm not knees deep into python yet. The .net framework is considered what language? VB or C+? Python just seemed one of the most effective languages so that was my original choice. Would you recommend I scrap that and read up more about .net framework then Joe? And yeah, the reason why I don't want to compile it into seperate programs is because by doing something like that, suddenly your actions from a spectator point of view become more sluggish and robotic. If it were all in a single program, on the other hand, it would be possible to program an AI resembling to that of a human playing almost entirely.

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Nah meant languages that use the .NET framework like VB.NET/C#.NET/C++.NET. These one's provide an easy GUI builder and assistance with coding, and a nice library of already made resources (.NET framework ) for you to use.

I'm not recommending these over Python, but if you are new to programming then you might find it easier to just start with one of these.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Xanice (06-26-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Nah meant languages that use the .NET framework like VB.NET/C#.NET/C++.NET. These one's provide an easy GUI builder and assistance with coding, and a nice library of already made resources (.NET framework ) for you to use.

I'm not recommending these over Python, but if you are new to programming then you might find it easier to just start with one of these.
    Ah okay! I was slightly misguided by what you meant by .net framework. And I'm not to concerned about the learning curve Joe While I'm not experienced in any languages, I have a pretty quick learning curve. I'm more concerned with how precise the program can be and which one will be faster, more efficient, and more flexible. As I said, if there's going to be an AI built that could fool a human eye to believing that it is 100% human, it's going to need a hell of a code to allow for randomization.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciricus View Post
    Ah okay! I was slightly misguided by what you meant by .net framework. And I'm not to concerned about the learning curve Joe While I'm not experienced in any languages, I have a pretty quick learning curve. I'm more concerned with how precise the program can be and which one will be faster, more efficient, and more flexible. As I said, if there's going to be an AI built that could fool a human eye to believing that it is 100% human, it's going to need a hell of a code to allow for randomization.
    I'd highly recommend VB.NET to you as your first language. It's very very easy to understand and the syntax isn't a total bitch (has more leniency than C#/Java/Python but not to the point of bad programming practice). In my opinion, it would be the ideal language for this kind of project and I know you will definitely pick it up quickly. This has really sparked a lot of interest to me

Edit: On a further note, I am planning on writing something like this, where you basically assign tasks for the program to do and then it will do them
    Last edited by Zachafer; 06-26-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Okay from a learning perspective, I more or less know VB. I've programmed macros and such in excel before I guess that's what I mean when I say i have a bit of a foundation and understand program structure, just don't have much experience with languages. If you think VB would be best for this application as well it's no trouble for me to pick up the pen and paper for VB again, I just figured VB at the cost of simplicity sacrificed flexibility.

And yeah Zach, it does sound like a fun project doesn't it? Programming a real "perfect" player, capable of getting up to the 'legit' hundred millionares, almost completely standalone. All the fun of playing neopets, without playing neopets! Well. With a sloppy release though it could be disastrous and create such high competition that life on neo would go bonkers haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    I think you could really learn a lot programming wise if you were an active part of the project. I learned how to write programs before I learned how to program (if that makes any sense)
    Makes sense, as that is what I'm doing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Okay from a learning perspective, I more or less know VB. I've programmed macros and such in excel before I guess that's what I mean when I say i have a bit of a foundation and understand program structure, just don't have much experience with languages. If you think VB would be best for this application as well it's no trouble for me to pick up the pen and paper for VB again, I just figured VB at the cost of simplicity sacrificed flexibility.

And yeah Zach, it does sound like a fun project doesn't it? Programming a real "perfect" player, capable of getting up to the 'legit' hundred millionares, almost completely standalone. All the fun of playing neopets, without playing neopets! Well. With a sloppy release though it could be disastrous and create such high competition that life on neo would go bonkers haha
    That is why this is so exciting! The Neo cheating scene has been around for a long time but I feel like it's still in such low levels of development. I think it's time to pioneer something cutting edge. And the programming realm right now is in a prime time for something like this! I'm going to start on something like this after I finish my altador plot completer (which is another beautiful trophy of coding excellence)

Now a days, simplicity IS flexibility in regards to programming.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That is why this is so exciting! The Neo cheating scene has been around for a long time but I feel like it's still in such low levels of development. I think it's time to pioneer something cutting edge. And the programming realm right now is in a prime time for something like this! I'm going to start on something like this after I finish my altador plot completer (which is another beautiful trophy of coding excellence)

Not if I start programming first!!!! /makes a program with "Hello World" and saves it as 'Brilliant Neopets Humanoid Proggie thing'

There. Copyright posted!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xanice For This Useful Post:

esperanto (06-26-2012),Zachafer (06-26-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Not if I start programming first!!!! /makes a program with "Hello World" and saves it as 'Brilliant Neopets Humanoid Proggie thing'

There. Copyright posted!
    OMG I was lurking and read that and died laughing xD I've made so many damn "Hello World" programs

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

I'm still waiting for you to get back to me about a quote for my project