Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought In Process: Human-like Neopet Autoplayer?

Hybrid View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Thought In Process: Human-like Neopet Autoplayer?

Lol. I know this is probably controversial, and a TON more work than anyone could ever imagine. Recently I've started looking up the basics of python programming, in an attempt to learn how to code in that language. It's of course going to take a lot of time to learn python and even more time to create such a thing, but I was curious if anyone's ever thought of creating something like this. I'd rather not get in-depth on "how" to make it look like a real human, but the jist of it is the program would be able to sync to a real life clock and have an onslaught of customizeable settings to fit how you'd like it to play neo for you. Has anyone ever considered a go at this? Did you stop because it was too much work, it was out of your capability, or you simply could not figure out a design to make yourself look that human? (I can ;x) The player would essentially have daily do-ers, autoposters, autobuyers, auctionsnipers, etc etc etc all combined into one, doing them in a randomized or human processed order.

Thoughts and ideas?
    Last edited by Xanice; 06-25-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciricus View Post
    Lol. I know this is probably controversial, and a TON more work than anyone could ever imagine. Recently I've started looking up the basics of python programming, in an attempt to learn how to code in that language. It's of course going to take a lot of time to learn python and even more time to create such a thing, but I was curious if anyone's ever thought of creating something like this. I'd rather not get in-depth on "how" to make it look like a real human, but the jist of it is the program would be able to sync to a real life clock and have an onslaught of customizeable settings to fit how you'd like it to play neo for you. Has anyone ever considered a go at this? Did you stop because it was too much work, it was out of your capability, or you simply could not figure out a design to make yourself look that human? (I can ;x)

Thoughts and ideas?
    Would you mind privately sharing your ideas? I would love to help you put these ideas into code.

P.S. Is this the same Xanice from NC?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    Would you mind privately sharing your ideas? I would love to help you put these ideas into code.

P.S. Is this the same Xanice from NC?
    This is the same Xanice since 5 years ago, from any possible other Neopet's related forum known (well where a Xanice exists).

And as it's a fairly large project i want to get some more background information about python to the point where i can aid in the project before sharing my specific ideas to anyone I have laid out a (personal) complete list of features and how to go about making it though

Edit: Though when I'm out of work, I wouldnt mind pming you ideas a little more in-depth haha! I was mostly looking for other ideas or any experience in gunning for such a huge project though 8)
    Last edited by Xanice; 06-25-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    It's a lot of work but it is definitely possible with modern day OOP. I would set it up so each class has a public validate() boolean which triggers the script running. So let's say you wanted to withdraw 50k from the bank when you had less than 10k on hand:
    Code:
    public class BankWithdraw extends ActiveScript implements Task {
    	@Override
    	public boolean validate() {
    		return user.getNP() < 10000;
    	}
    	@Override
    	public void run() {
    		bank.withdraw(50000);
    		log("Withdrew 50k from bank");
    	}
    }
    And then you could automate tasks like this, it's really a neat structure!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hmm that looks like an interesting component !

Yeah. I work crazy amount of hours this summer, (past that a normal person should be able to, for the next month it'll be coming along to 80 hour work weeks). But in my line of work sometimes there are just hours where there is nothing to do, so I want to pick up a book about python and start programming some of the components to gain experience with it. That does look interesting though. My thorough belief for this idea though is the number one human-feature is spontaneous action. Would a function like that be possible, using random modifiers? IE instead of it was less then 10000, if it was less then a range of (8000-25000) it would withdraw what it needed? Of course, timing on withdrawals would require to be impeccable as well. The number two part of this program would be consistancy.

Tickerboxes to disable particular features, would also be a niche idea. To put it simply, how can neo detect botting patterns when that behavioral pattern has an infinite number of options. Of course the options won't be infinite, but putting those options in the right place can make it impossible to determine between human and bot (especially through inconsistent play styles). That has been my biggest obstacle however. Thinking of a way where about 75% of the steps the bot will take can either be customized, activated, or deactivated. Due to lack of programming know-how so far, I haven't thought of an efficient way to enable such a feature which would be ground breaking to the program.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    With random intervals:
    Code:
    public class BankWithdraw extends ActiveScript implements Task {
    	@Override
    	public boolean validate() {
    		return user.getNP() < random.nextInt(8000, 12000);
    	}
    	@Override
    	public void run() {
    		int amount = random.nextInt(45000, 55000);
    		if(bank.withdraw(amount))
    			log("Withdrew " + amount + " from bank");
    		else
    			log("Failed to withdraw " + amount + " from bank");
    	}
    }
    Of course you could also add more conditions... I believe @(you need an account to see links) is wanting to work on a framework like this and I hope to make it super easy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachafer For This Useful Post:

Xanice (06-26-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Haha, well I'd love to collaborate with people on this, but I'm afraid with the exception of ideas on how to implement this, my knowledge is subpar to that of any recognized programmers here Would feel close to useless on the project if that were the case! :X

Still, I appreciate the input on this though Zach! An opensource project like this though.. would be one hell of a grand collaboration

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciricus View Post
    Haha, well I'd love to collaborate with people on this, but I'm afraid with the exception of ideas on how to implement this, my knowledge is subpar to that of any recognized programmers here Would feel close to useless on the project if that were the case! :X
    I think you could really learn a lot programming wise if you were an active part of the project. I learned how to write programs before I learned how to program (if that makes any sense)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    I think you could really learn a lot programming wise if you were an active part of the project. I learned how to write programs before I learned how to program (if that makes any sense)
    Makes sense, as that is what I'm doing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for the input Zach. Like I said, I've got long work hours but... maybe I'll poke my head around and see who would be interested in a collaboration project of this magnitude. Going to also need to buy a hard copy of a book which teaches more fundamentals of python, because reading that shiz online won't do at work LOL. Slow hours = pick up a book, put it down when customers come in I guess. Doesn't work so well on the computer since its hard to pay attention to anything else LOL