So I'm travelling on a semi-budget, the more I save on the actual airfares and accommodation the more I can spend on furniture when we get our apartment.

I want to take my partner to California and I want to take him theme-parking while we are there Disneyland is my #1 priority so I am looking to stay in that vicinity (Anaheim)

I've only ever been to Cali around Halloween and the last time I went there was a heatwave and it was unnaturally hot for that time of year. This time I can only travel around 3 periods, from the 28th June - 16 July OR from 16 Nov - 8th December OR Jan 10 - Feb 1. What is the weather like in these periods and will it be busy during the summer months? (unbearable busy?)

Next -
So I have two choices for flights either spend 1500 per person return from MEL to LAX
Or
Spend 800 pp return from MEL to Honolulu and then fly a budget service from Honolulu to LAX
-What are some semi-reliable budget services?
-Are there any to avoid (for example we have a carrier called Tiger - cancels flights unexpectedly, up to 8 hours late, have to be there 3 hours before flight)
- What is the average price? (What is too much!)

And if you have travelled to Anaheim, where did you stay accommodation wise and how much did it cost? ;3

Thanks~~