Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    When I had my daughter I would lift her up in reps and learn her back over my head, sort of stretching but holding her. It toned up that area and my arms, maybe do the same with 10 pound weights?

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) I have a 28lb 2 year old xD I lift him up and down like that all the time and he loves it. It gets exhausting though, and he gets bored lol. I guess I could invest in some weights.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Haha that would be a good workout. Mine is too wiggly now to do it for long. I was thinking about getting a shake weight just to keep my chest and arms toned. No idea if it works.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 7h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Any chest exercise basically. I would suggest using a bench press, but obviously using light weights and going for 20 reps +

This WILL burn the fat in that area.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Sneakz (06-14-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    pushups and the reversee pushup dip thing (IDK what its called) you dip against a stair or the couch until your upper arm is 90 degrees with lower, or paralel to the floor. Repeat.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Any chest exercise basically. I would suggest using a bench press, but obviously using light weights and going for 20 reps +

This WILL burn the fat in that area.
    Wrong, but not entirely.

(you need an account to see links) is a myth. What you're really doing is building muscle, which might look like its counteracting the flabby-ness of a certain body part, but in reality the fat content and usually the size doesn't change. The only way to eliminate fat is to burn it overall.

If you want to lose the arm flab, your best bet is a simple diet and workout routine. Use some weights (Not 10lb or 5lb, actually challenge yourself) to build a little extra muscle, (you need an account to see links) ((you need an account to see links)). You won't become some (you need an account to see links) like some people think (If a person devotes their entire life to look like that, how is a couple of hours a week going to force you into that body type?), and overall look more firm and gain strength that'll help with every aspect of your life. Hell, it even helps you in the long-term so you don't (you need an account to see links).

Last edited by ri0tc0re; 06-25-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    |                                                     With love,
|                                                        NRWGN
|
|    P.S.
|    Don't hover over my woman. It's rude.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by NRWGN View Post
    Wrong, but not entirely.

(you need an account to see links) is a myth. What you're really doing is building muscle, which might look like its counteracting the flabby-ness of a certain body part, but in reality the fat content and usually the size doesn't change. The only way to eliminate fat is to burn it overall.

If you want to lose the arm flab, your best bet is a simple diet and workout routine. Use some weights (Not 10lb or 5lb, actually challenge yourself) to build a little extra muscle, (you need an account to see links) ((you need an account to see links)). You won't become some (you need an account to see links) like some people think (If a person devotes their entire life to look like that, how is a couple of hours a week going to force you into that body type?), and overall look more firm and gain strength that'll help with every aspect of your life. Hell, it even helps you in the long-term so you don't (you need an account to see links).

Agreed. Many females and even males are oblivious to the fact body building like most of those huge behemoths people see is actually quite a rigorous process and requires excess hours at the gym coupled along with massive amounts of protein intakes that surpass any measurable amount from naturally absorbing it from foods. This increases the speed in which your muscle mass grows. If you stick to a regular, healthy diet, increasing your protein in-take by only a little bit, then your muscles will cap in size and eventually just begin to tone. Some good excercises may be taking weights, standing straight and upright, arms to the sides and lifting your arms to a 90 degree angle parallel to the floor. That will work out underneath your arms. A similar excercise is lying down on a bench, extending your arms out partially, and pulling the weights up to tap each other, then back to rest. I believe those are called fly's.

Example of the second excercise. Of course this will require dumbbells and either a bench or medicine ball, but they're quite a good work out, though they do alot of chest as well so dependingly you may want to do them a bit less.

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I hope i'm not out of line by posting on this trend, but i know some things that will help.
    @(you need an account to see links) It's like this, muscles eat fat that is around them. The muscle requires more nutrients than the fat and thus will eat from it. The type of muscles that does this really well is stabilization muscles. They tend to absorb more. These are the muscles that allows you to do things more often than the snap muscles. For example, these muscles allow you to stand longer, walk father, hold weights longer, etc... This exercise is what my sister did and she lost that fat. She took two five pound weights, raised them up shoulder level arms fully stretched out, and held them for as long as she could. Then she raised to the front fully extended shoulder level and held it. Then she would hold it at odd angles that the body wasn't use to it. EX: 10 degrees from the shoulder straight positions. Each time she tried she went to beat her own time. After she was able to hold it for 5 minutes, she upgraded to 10 lbs. She is up to 30 lbs for 2 minutes now. If you don't have weights, sugar bags will do it too.
    @(you need an account to see links) If you don't want to do that out of fear of broad shoulders, martial arts is another option. There is hundreds of online aids and videos that help. The basic horse stance front punches will burn the fat fast. Me and my wife is working on it right now and she is losing weight fast. If you want a good martial arts that doesn't cause broad shoulders, aikdo is a great one. It uses those stabilization muscles to the max, and it's as harsh as the others. If you want a martial arts designed for women, wing chun kung fu might be an great option for you, but it's hard to find a teacher.

I hope this helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to davebold370 For This Useful Post:

Sneakz (07-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by davebold370 View Post
    I hope i'm not out of line by posting on this trend, but i know some things that will help.
    @(you need an account to see links) It's like this, muscles eat fat that is around them. The muscle requires more nutrients than the fat and thus will eat from it. The type of muscles that does this really well is stabilization muscles. They tend to absorb more. These are the muscles that allows you to do things more often than the snap muscles. For example, these muscles allow you to stand longer, walk father, hold weights longer, etc... This exercise is what my sister did and she lost that fat. She took two five pound weights, raised them up shoulder level arms fully stretched out, and held them for as long as she could. Then she raised to the front fully extended shoulder level and held it. Then she would hold it at odd angles that the body wasn't use to it. EX: 10 degrees from the shoulder straight positions. Each time she tried she went to beat her own time. After she was able to hold it for 5 minutes, she upgraded to 10 lbs. She is up to 30 lbs for 2 minutes now. If you don't have weights, sugar bags will do it too.
    @(you need an account to see links) If you don't want to do that out of fear of broad shoulders, martial arts is another option. There is hundreds of online aids and videos that help. The basic horse stance front punches will burn the fat fast. Me and my wife is working on it right now and she is losing weight fast. If you want a good martial arts that doesn't cause broad shoulders, aikdo is a great one. It uses those stabilization muscles to the max, and it's as harsh as the others. If you want a martial arts designed for women, wing chun kung fu might be an great option for you, but it's hard to find a teacher.

I hope this helps.
    Nice! I'll definitely give it a try, thanks for the answer!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yes. Work on your pictorial muscles. Your chest. It'll firm up everything from the breast bone to the right under the shoulder (underarm).

That should help you get less flab there.