14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksychic View Post
    Bro, I would highly recommend jogging some of those "rounds".

I remember reading somewhere, you burn double maybe even triple the calories from jogging/running over walking,

Also, if you are serious about weight loss, which seems like you are because you said "your body means everything", try some HIIT, High Intensity Interval Training. 3x a week. It speeds up your metabolism for I believe up to 24 hours after performing which burns much more calories.

Yes, I am a fitness freak
    That's not true. That sounds like some kind of gimmick to me. Exercising and training your body over time gradually speeds up your metabolism. It doesn't just temporarily speed up after a certain type of exercise. That isn't really how metabolism works. You have to continuously train regularly to see changes in your energy expenditure and metabolism.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Dieting is 70% of being healthy brother. I weighed 172 lbs when I was 14, 15-16 i weighed 205. Eating right with the right kind of weight training and cardio is all you need.

I am on a lean diet atm.
    Liquid egg whites in the morning
    10 am- almonds
    1pm- A piece of chicken and a fat free yogurt
    4pm- peanut butter sandwich
    Dinner- chicken and vegetables.

Idk if your parents will buy u chicken breast all the time, you could subsitute it with turkey (no bread) you could also try cottage cheese or string cheese if you do not have yogurt.

I lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks with this diet and exercising I am still doing the diet but I cheat at dinner time sometime lol Ive lost enough weight, im just trying to maintain now

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If you're walking, you should try hiking instead (Uphill, different terrain, etc). Give your body a challenge. Any physical movement is good, but the more the better. If burning calories was as easy as walking, it'd be a lot easier to lose weight. Also try looking at your diet if you want to lose a considerable amount. There's no point in walking, jogging, running, or any type of exercise if you eat the calories it burns with an insane amount of carbs and fat.
    |                                                     With love,
|                                                        NRWGN
|
|    P.S.
|    Don't hover over my woman. It's rude.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The only problem with walking is that you need to walk A LOT to burn off enough calories. Plus, once you do it for a while your body get used to it.
    Try mixing it up every week or so. Walking, swimming, jogging, hiking and HIIT. All great stuff!

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksychic View Post
    Lol did you just reference wikipedia? That is the most unreliable source ever. Try using that in college, a professor will hand your paper back to you with an F on it

Also, that doesn't even support what you were saying. This is what the Wikipedia article says about metabolic benefits:

"There may be a number of factors that contribute to this, including an increase in resting metabolic rate."

I do not deny that. An athlete who has been exercising repeatedly and regularly, as I stated before, will experience increase in metabolism OVER TIME. That doesn't mean it speeds it up right after each session temporarily. Like I said, it doesn't work that way.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakz View Post
    Lol did you just reference wikipedia? That is the most unreliable source ever. Try using that in college, a professor will hand your paper back to you with an F on it

Also, that doesn't even support what you were saying. This is what the Wikipedia article says about metabolic benefits:

"There may be a number of factors that contribute to this, including an increase in resting metabolic rate."

I do not deny that. An athlete who has been exercising repeatedly and regularly, as I stated before, will experience increase in metabolism OVER TIME. That doesn't mean it speeds it up right after each session temporarily. Like I said, it doesn't work that way.
    The glucose metabolism IS increased due to the exercise, but only TEMPORARILY after the exercise is performed. Long term results, like you said, only come over time (Its a marginal increase after a long period).

Just clearing stuff up (hopefully).
|
|    P.S.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by NRWGN View Post
    The glucose metabolism IS increased due to the exercise, but only TEMPORARILY after the exercise is performed. Long term results, like you said, only come over time (Its a marginal increase after a long period).

Just clearing stuff up (hopefully).
    Glucose metabolism is different than your RMR (resting metabolic rate.) I was assuming he was referring to RMR, since that is usually what is being referred to when you are talking about a "fast" or "slow" metabolism.
    All I'm saying is that from my years of studying health and fitness, my understanding is that that is not how RMR works. It takes time to change your RMR. Find me a peer reviewed published journal article that shows evidence that your metabolism is temporarily raised 24 hours after the session, and I will believe you. But so far, all I've been able to find is a bunch of fitness and body building sites claiming this. These sites are often run by people with no educational background in the topic and are often misinformed or merely speculating.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakz View Post
    Glucose metabolism is different than your RMR (resting metabolic rate.) I was assuming he was referring to RMR, since that is usually what is being referred to when you are talking about a "fast" or "slow" metabolism.
    All I'm saying is that from my years of studying health and fitness, my understanding is that that is not how RMR works. It takes time to change your RMR. Find me a peer reviewed published journal article that shows evidence that your metabolism is temporarily raised 24 hours after the session, and I will believe you. But so far, all I've been able to find is a bunch of fitness and body building sites claiming this. These sites are often run by people with no educational background in the topic and are often misinformed or merely speculating.
    Oh no I completely agree with you. I didn't know he was referring to RMR, I thought he just meant actual glucose metabolism/insulin production. Never mind lol.

Off topic, just started an EC stack to increase my RMR. That's a good way to do it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't dealt with supplements/exercise/REAL dieting before.
    Last edited by ri0tc0re; 06-14-2012 at 09:47 PM.
|
|    P.S.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by NRWGN View Post
    Oh no I completely agree with you. I didn't know he was referring to RMR, I thought he just meant actual glucose metabolism/insulin production. Never mind lol.

Off topic, just started an EC stack to increase my RMR. That's a good way to do it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't dealt with supplements/exercise/REAL dieting before.
    Oh wow. That is pretty extreme. I wouldn't recommend it either, but if you know what you're doing...
    Just don't do it long term.