25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Cool Powerlifting/Strength general?

Been lifting weights for around a year now (amateur powerlifting for 5 months), just got off a 7 month bulk (~3500-4500 calories a day, dependent on work load). Currently cutting with a 500 calorie deficit and an EC stack (Ephedrine/Caffeine, increases calories burned at rest). Been running ABxABxx for around 3 months now (Did Jim Wendler's 531's for 8 months and SL5x5 for 5 months before that).

Workout:

Current stats:
    BW: 198.2 (Subject to change, currently on a cut. Will be able to hit 180-189lbs without dropping strength. Got dem rolls at the moment.)
    Bench: 225lbs x3
    Squat: 300lbs x3
    Deadlift: 345lbs x2

Didn't see a thread on this in the forums, so I figured it'd be a good place to start and get to know people. Will answer any questions about anything fitness/diet related (I'll try to answer to the best of my ability). Not sure what to expect on a Neopets forum, but yea.
    Last edited by ri0tc0re; 06-19-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: New DL max and BW#. Good shit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I dislocated both shoulders about 4-6 weeks ago and put up 240 on bench today ten times, after doing 215 and 225 ten times each! lol (no spotter)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperdude1989 View Post
    I dislocated both shoulders about 4-6 weeks ago and put up 240 on bench today ten times, after doing 215 and 225 ten times each! lol (no spotter)
    That's my guiltiest pleasure. I've been caught at least 3 times going until failure in bench without a spotter. Thank god they have decent floor reps at the YMCA I go to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    My Ymca barely has people there lmao. Im going up slowly and trying not to over do it when there isnt any1 around lol. I do a lot of free weights and cables, tons of abs and play bball 2-3 times a week, lift 4 days a week

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yea, I don't do much outside of free weights. The leg curl and lat pull are machines, but that's about it.
    |                                                     With love,
|                                                        NRWGN
|
|    P.S.
|    Don't hover over my woman. It's rude.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Nice amount of work you put in here and great for sharing! Can I ask if this is what you do at the gym (A & B Days)? If so, I think you should spread out each muscle for a different day of the week, maybe put 2 muscle groups together for one day. Been doing research for a while now and it's got the best outcome over time.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I love cable flys as well! My arms are about 18 inches around, I look like the hulk when they swell at the gym!!! haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Nice amount of work you put in here and great for sharing! Can I ask if this is what you do at the gym (A & B Days)? If so, I think you should spread out each muscle for a different day of the week, maybe put 2 muscle groups together for one day. Been doing research for a while now and it's got the best outcome over time.
    My workout is in there (Spoiler tags). I separate my muscle groups through push/pull motion groups, also not going for major strength gains right now while I lose weight. Mostly looking for strength maintenance. Going from weightless class to an actual weight class, gonna step it up in competing. At a disadvantage because I'm 6'3", but none the less.

I love cable flys as well! My arms are about 18 inches around, I look like the hulk when they swell at the gym!!! haha
    Haha, I've always had tiny arms. Hitting a 225lb olympic-form clean and jerk and still looking like you don't work out is awesome. Not really, but yea. Working on my arm size for balance, but not a priority. Aiming for practical strength.
    Last edited by ri0tc0re; 06-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.
|
|    P.S.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    2 muscle groups a day is def. the way to go. chest & back... bi's & tri's... Shoulders & back... legs & back... abs 3 days a week switch up the routine. Your back is very important btw lol.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

how much do you weigh? im 5'10 193lbs

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    2 muscle groups a day is def. the way to go. chest & back... bi's & tri's... Shoulders & back... legs & back... abs 3 days a week switch up the routine. Your back is very important btw lol.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

how much do you weigh? im 5'10 193lbs
    6'3", 204.5lbs as of this morning. I used to split into two muscle groups with the 531's, and then I tried a 3 day split with SL5x5's, but neither seemed to get as much progress as a standardized routine. Hitting the same muscle group twice a week just works for my body, especially with the two day rest at the end of the week (Gives me time to work and have fun too). Max bench is up 110lbs, deadlift up 175, squat up 150 (Was 180, but I messed up my knee and took 2 weeks off. Goodbye gains.), and military press up 55lbs - all in 6 months. Granted its mostly beginner gains, its still at my maximum potential for my bodyweight and diet. I'll probably stall in December on my clean bulk.

As for my back, probably my strongest muscle. Deadlifts, hangcleans, barbell rows, squats, lat pull, pullups - you name it, it's either in my routine or on one of my temp routines that I alternate into.
|
|    P.S.