DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Oh and @(you need an account to see links); If you have a blender you can always make some smoothies with fruit, milk and/or yoghurt?
    Tastes better, fills you up better, also quite easy to get away?

And soup?
    Maybe you can even dip your bread in the soup. Might make it just soft enough to swallow away!

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh and @(you need an account to see links); If you have a blender you can always make some smoothies with fruit, milk and/or yoghurt?
    Tastes better, fills you up better, also quite easy to get away?

And soup?
    Maybe you can even dip your bread in the soup. Might make it just soft enough to swallow away!
    I do have a blender! No fruit
    I can try some chicken noodle. But tomato sounds pretty good
    Maybe Grilled cheese and tomato?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
    I do have a blender! No fruit
    I can try some chicken noodle. But tomato sounds pretty good
    Maybe Grilled cheese and tomato?
    I dunno, depends on how much your throat can take at the moment.
    You can always try. And otherwise hold on to the soup idea; and dip your bread in there. Melted cheese on soft bread should work, I think.
    It's a matter of just trying what works or doesn't. Chicken noodles should be pretty okay, as you can easily suck them down.

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I dunno, depends on how much your throat can take at the moment.
    You can always try. And otherwise hold on to the soup idea; and dip your bread in there. Melted cheese on soft bread should work, I think.
    It's a matter of just trying what works or doesn't. Chicken noodles should be pretty okay, as you can easily suck them down.
    I will thanks so much!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I hope a doctor prescribed you something, untreated it could turn into glomerulonephritis. :/

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Basically your only option is to use the antibiotics, and use them properly as in finishing the entire bottle in the prescribed amount of time should that be 1 or 2 weeks worth of meds. If you do not you can be battling with resistant bacteria and that is going to be no fun.

To just soothe the throat for a short time you can gargle salt water every once and awhile. Nothing is actually going to rid of the bacteria until your immune system does so.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Basically your only option is to use the antibiotics, and use them properly as in finishing the entire bottle in the prescribed amount of time should that be 1 or 2 weeks worth of meds. If you do not you can be battling with resistant bacteria and that is going to be no fun.

To just soothe the throat for a short time you can gargle salt water every once and awhile. Nothing is actually going to rid of the bacteria until your immune system does so.
    Interesting ^-^
    I will gargle some salt water. Thanks

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lemsip, Strepsils and Soothers are really good on a sore throat but I'm not sure if you could get them where you are, since I'm in the UK ^.^
    I've heard that drinking some warm blackcurrent juice is really good for colds and sore throats too! But it doesn't taste that good ._.
    And @(you need an account to see links) is right, honey and lemon really helps

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Remedies for a cold are not going to do much for a strep bacterial infection. It is not a matter of soothing the soreness like it is with the common cold it is a matter of eliminating the bacteria causing the infection, of which cannot be removed without medical intervention or with a lot of time and patience waiting for the immune system to take over (can be more than a week to build the proper response).

The warm salt water acts in an osmotic fashion causing water to move towards the higher concentration which would be he salt water, that movement slowly reduces the edema factor or fluid build up that is inflammation. Less edema less inflammation the less sore your throat is. Also, bacteria are generally not a fan of high solute concentrations such as salt water so gargling it already acts to kill the bacteria. It is not a cure by any means but it does work to at least minimize the soreness if you keep it up, just make sure you do not drink the salt water lol or use the gargle too often-three times a day should suffice.