21/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by utahclock View Post
    Yer Im in the boat whomever defriends me I didnt need them anyways so far Ive gotten thumbs up on my FB status from like 5 ppl

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

best thing about it. is it feels so good to not be hiding anything it was like a 10000 lb weight lifted off of my shoulders
    Good on you girl!! You have every right to be who you are, like the others said if people defriend you then they aren't worth it, and aren't your true friends! You've done a very brave thing

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    26d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Awww congratulations! I am happy for you. I ended up with more facebook friends after people found out I was gay haha (even though I never officially came out via facebook.)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Did you feel obligated to announce to the world that you're gay? I mean, don't get me wrong, but people make it out to be a much bigger deal than it really is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:

Ronith (06-09-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    People who have strong views aren't stupid, naive, or blind.
    They are if those views are a violation of human rights.
    Some serial killers have strong views in that killing people is okay and justify it in their own ways... are they not blind or naive?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gator01 For This Useful Post:

Tom (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Some people still strongly maintain that Obama's a terrorist. That's stupid, naive and blind..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    <3 Good for you! Never be afraid of who you are!

If people don't like you for...well...YOU....then they don't deserve ya

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It is nothing wrong being gay.

But your friends have their own views too. (I am straight and I have a gay friend. We still go out to have fun.)
    It is vice versa.
    People don't enforce their beliefs on you and you don't enforce your beliefs on them.

You do not have to care about other people's feelings. Life is short, live the way you like.
    Hiatus ended
    Just returned to Clraik!

Great non-neopets deals coming up

Ongoing sales discount
    (you need an account to see links)

Ongoing giveaways:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Oh, and I missed the true point of this board!
    Good for you, although it shouldn't change much if the people in your life were true friends. I wish you luck, from a fellow gay person. :*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by gator01 View Post
    They are if those views are a violation of human rights.
    Some serial killers have strong views in that killing people is okay and justify it in their own ways... are they not blind or naive?
    You have a flaw in your logic.
    Those serial killers are mental yet those people that gave their views are normal. Psychologist can prove that. One places his views into action (eg. killing people) while the latter presents his views only (eg. stating as an opinion.)

The "friends" did not do into the extent of killing people or causing physical or psychological harm to her. They did not insult or hit her.

Face it, everyone can't keep every friend close to him/her for the rest of his/her life. Even normal people will unfriend their best friends when their views differ or they are not comfortable with each other. You don't see many examples of best friends staying in contact from young till death.

Just like you cannot compare sweetness using a sour orange and a sweet apple. These are inherently different matters to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Some people still strongly maintain that Obama's a terrorist. That's stupid, naive and blind..
    Just like the Americans. They believe that Osama is a terrorist but the people in middle east look up to Osama as their spiritual leader.
    They too feel that those that say Osama is a terrorist are stupid, naive and blind.

There is no absolute right or wrong. It is based on different perspectives. Everyone has their freedom to opposing views.

As long as Obama has caused destruction directly/indirectly to their lives, he is a terrorist in their eyes. People in Afghanistan/Iraq definitely say that Obama is a terrorist or even the whole of US is a big bully. You can't change their mindset as long as US continues to send their armies to destroy their homes, with soldiers raping their women before slaughtering the whole village.

Now that there's Wikileaks, I doubt it is so easy to change their mindset.
    Last edited by caonima; 06-04-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Hiatus ended
    Just returned to Clraik!

Great non-neopets deals coming up

Ongoing sales discount

Ongoing giveaways:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Whooo. Turned into a debate thread.

Congratulations though. That's extremely brave of you (: You should be proud. I can't even imagine how good in must feel to get it off your chest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Did you feel obligated to announce to the world that you're gay? I mean, don't get me wrong, but people make it out to be a much bigger deal than it really is.
    ^ Um....what? Firstly I don't know how you could possibly know how big of a deal it was. Even if you were gay yourself and thought you did, it's all about the individual. Some people are too scared to put themselves out there. I can't even tell guys I like them, for example, so I think what she did was extremely brave.

And secondly, (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think it's about drawing attention to your homosexuality, or even letting the people you love know that your gay. I think announcing it is more of a personal acceptance thing. She didn't feel obliged to, but I'm sure it felt damn good. And if people don't want to hear that shit then fine. As she said, let them defriend her. No use having people in your life that don't accept you.

was that worth it?