DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I tip depending on the service. An awesome server gets a pretty good tip! A bad server gets...well...they're lucky to get spare change.

I honestly get a little miffed when I see the posts here where people don't tip because "they work to get paid".

A lot of food service jobs are pretty much minimum wage. If it wasn't for the tips they get, they might have trouble paying for their bills and stuff.

What if they don't have the job by choice?

Sorry......this thread pretty much hit a personal spot :\

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Whilst I appreciate that, there are tonnes of minimum wage jobs where people don't get tipped...at least here.

Like I've said I do tip though, but would you walk over to somebody in a clothes store or grocery store and tip them?

Some food places here even give you the bill with 15% gratuity already added...that pisses me off.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yes if they are kind and act sweet but if they dont i usually just yell at them and make complaints.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    7h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've learned, from friends being in the food service industry, never to bite the hand that feeds you I'm always polite even if they are making mistakes, and it's always nice to make someones day most waiters get paid less than minimum wage and the rest of their pay is based off tips around here, so I try to give what I can

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't know about other countries, but I know in Canada we have a different (lower) minimum wage for workers who are supposed to receive tip (like waiters at restaurants, etc). So I always tip.
    I give about 10% when I'm not really satisfied (too slow water refills, for example), and 15% when I'm satisfied. If the place was super busy I'm more lenient, but yeah. I don't really go higher than 15%, because when I'm uber satisfied, it's usually at high-class restaurants, and the bill there is expensive enough as is without me giving like 25% tip xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I always tip. However the value of what I leave varies with the quality of the service I get, I do not ask for much only just a polite attitude.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I always tip, depending on how much I like them I may tip slightly more.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Depends on the service.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I tip delivery guys but only like a dollar or two, I've worked in pizza places and see how much those guys make. They get minimum wage or more, plus tips, plus a set amount added to their check for each delivery taken. Servers however I tip the shit out of if they are good because I have been there. Servers only make about 2.13 an hr. Everything else comes from their tips and if they dont get tipped then the company is suppose to make up for it.. I've never seen any company around here making up for lack of tips. They simply try to hide it or threaten the server into saying they made more tips at the end of the night than they did so the company doesnt have to pay them more.

So guys tip your server. You're making a world of difference in their lives.. even if it's just 3-4 dollars you're making it to where they have made minimum wage for that hr.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    Whilst I appreciate that, there are tonnes of minimum wage jobs where people don't get tipped...at least here.

Like I've said I do tip though, but would you walk over to somebody in a clothes store or grocery store and tip them?

Some food places here even give you the bill with 15% gratuity already added...that pisses me off.
    haha I got tipped all the time while working at walmart just for showing people where shit was. It's was crazy. I'd never tip a person like that. That's their job description, they get paid for it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yeah I tip, mostly because I've heard the horror stories of how terrible it is. That being said, it IS a job, and they ARE getting paid for work. If they make it clear to me they don't want to be there, or I ask for a refill or something and I'm made to feel like some giant inconvenience (especially since I'm always polite, etc.), then that does come out of their tip. Otherwise, yeah, I tend to give a decent tip.