Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Battledome Set Guide (from beginner to ultra rich)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Cool [Guide] Battledome Set Guide (from beginner to ultra rich)

Just found out there's no such guide for battledome on Clraik so I have asked the author's permission (from another forum) to publish his post.
    All credits go to him not me. (maybe some for me since I bother to search for it)

100k Battledome Set

This set is a pretty cheap way to stand a chance against the early opponents in the Battle Dome 1p ranks and in very beginner stages of 2p. With a decently trained pet this is still an okay combination to have and can be an inexpensive way to BD while saving for a higher ranged set.

250k Battledome Set

There are some cheaper substitutes however I recommend sticking with the Golden Compass Constant as you get the added defense from a common icon type. This early on in the Battledome you probably will not be spending much time defending so Downsize and your available Faerie Abilities will aid you a great deal but beyond that an actual shield should not be necessary besides for 1p specific battles.
    750k Battledome Set

This is probably the strongest combination of Weapons for the price range. You may find some cheaper alternatives to the Bomb, or have a different non-breakable freezer choice but besides that this is an awesome set for the price range. Sophies Magic Hat is going to cripple most weapons used against you at this range. Besides a single upgrade here or there to your set loadout this is going to be your set until you start making jumps into the 10m+ sets. This is a good strong set that shouldn't be sneered at due to its versatility.
    2.5m Battledome Set

This is a good mid-ranged set that provides two constants, two bombs, a shield, great healer, and a good freezer. While the price tag is a bit steep the Honey Potion is a Once Per Battle Bomb that can be swapped out for a cheaper 15 icon Bomb such as the Brain Muffin or Water Muffin lowering the cost under 2mil. The Hanso Charisma Charm is a great dual duty weapon that can work as a Constant for blocking all dark (very common icon type) and hitting for 10 icons each turn.
    10m Defensive Battledome Set

Yes I know for the 10m range having only one constant that does a single icon type is not ideal. This set is really set for defending from 2p opponents that have 40mil+ BD sets. It is also geared to help deal with most higher end 1p BD opponents. Using your opponents strength against them is the appeal to the Reflect weapons even though they are lacking in icons they can still pack a massive punch if timed properly. The Portable Kiln is only really stopped if your opponent knows and plans to stop fire icons before entering battle. While though fire icons are getting more consistent with the Sword of Reif coming into the picture. The Portable Kiln is a good and fairly cheap alternative. You can easily swap out the reflection weapons for others such as Ramtors Spell Book and Ring of the Devilpuss and the value of the set remians around the same. Experiment a little and do what works best for your playing strategy.
    55m Battledome Set

The price tag may seem high but this is going to give you the best all around multi-purpose set in the game. Besides elite weapons this is a very well rounded set. Keep the Rainbow Sticky Hand in the first slot, The Sword of Reif provides the best variation of icons for the price range of the Anagrams. The freezer can be downgraded for the H4000 Helmet to lose the dual duty 3 icon difference. Other than that you are looking at individual, species specific, or stat specific upgrades until you hit the elite sets.
    ELITE CLASS - 1b Battledome Set

This is what many would call a dream set, these items are the best of the best in their respective classes. As some would say that dual wielding Wand of the Dark Faerie would be the optimal scenario for maximum damage the Illusens Staff offers defensive options that the Wand of the Dark Faerie lacks such as full dark blocker. The Moehog Skull is the ultimate bomb. Setting your opponent up to be completely crushed by your Constants/Bombs. Your Jade Scorchstone is like restarting battle with your pet refreshed, 100% Heal lets you start destroying your opponent all over again. Thyoras Tear pretty much wastes one of your opponents turns and lets you have a good defense when best suited for you, Thyoras Tear unlike the much cheaper Thick Smoke Bomb isn't a one use item, after the battle you will still have your Thyoras Tear. From all accounts the price difference between Jade Scorchstone and the Leaded Elemental Vial are going back and forth. Go with the cheaper option as their effect is the same.
    Last edited by caonima; 05-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Hiatus ended
    Just returned to Clraik!

Great non-neopets deals coming up

Ongoing sales discount
    (you need an account to see links)

Ongoing giveaways:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caonima For This Useful Post:

j03 (10-31-2014),Jager (10-16-2015),juansholo (08-20-2012),killakizer (07-23-2012),Syccch (07-27-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    just saying for the ultimate set, you can go a lot bigger and better.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    just saying for the ultimate set, you can go a lot bigger and better.
    I was wondering about that too...
    But I doubt the higher tier weapons will be so easily available.
    it is mostly a seller's market for high-end items

Of course, all suggestions are welcome so I can build on other people's guide
    Hiatus ended
    Just returned to Clraik!

Great non-neopets deals coming up

Ongoing sales discount

Ongoing giveaways:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    suap
    suap
    wodf
    gow
    mskull
    rodn
    lka
    jade
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    134 times
    Time Online
    245d 4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    I'll try the 100k set since I enjoy battling DoM enemies, thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    This is very helpful for me, considering I've been using the Scarab Ring and Tortured Snowballs the entire time. xP I have no idea what's good and what's not lol

I do have a question: What does this mean "Battle Dome 1p ranks and in very beginner stages of 2p?" I don't understand 1p and 2p ranks, or ranks in general.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Kind of meh guide, there are 10 Icon constants you could be putting in the beginner set such as Scroll of Knowledge.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Not really a perfect guide, I see several things that don't make a lot of sense, also sets are entirely situational. For some 1p opponents a 6 iconer and bent fork would wipe the pants off dual suap's.

I don't know why you included Rainbow Sticky Hand in the ultimate BD set *facepalm*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Very nice thank you for posting

Userbars