10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Angry Gamestop & Female Discrimination

There's a lot of girl gamers on clraik, so I thought this would be an appropriate topic. I was at Gamestop tonight and there's 3 guys working, 2 of them flat out ignored me while talking to some guys that weren't even buying anything; I came to return a game that didn't work and look into more of their gamecube selection. So I wandered around aimlessly looking for the aisle with the gc games.. Finally the third guy the "nerd" looking one helped me out and said he would print a list because they were behind the counter. I was like finally! He was very nice and helpful but the other two were complete douchebags and I also noticed how they were ignoring other females in the store. Honestly not the first time I've noticed this behavior at Gamestop. Wondering if any of your girls have had similar experiences!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    That is not discriminating, that's what we'd call poor/bad customer service.
    Happens to all of us D:
    and I personally don't blame 'em, since we don't know what's wrong with them or their problems etc,etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yamakracker For This Useful Post:

Charleyzard (03-29-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by yamakracker View Post
    That is not discriminating, that's what we'd call poor/bad customer service.
    Happens to all of us D:
    and I personally don't blame 'em, since we don't know what's wrong with them or their problems etc,etc.
    Lol when they are only doing it to females in the store it is discrimination. If they did that regardless of gender its poor customer service. Also, your problems shouldn't interfere with your work ethic; money is money regardless of race, sex, age, etc. Honestly if you treat customers badly because of personal problems you should be fired because you are costing your establishment money. There's lots of people willing to work that will also treat others with respect.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    so the employees were discussing gaming matters with potential customers? and didn't have time to step away from that to handle your matters?

sounds to me like they were either trying to make a sell, or were helping previous customers, just cause people ignore chicks don't make it sexual discrimination ya know?
    just report it and ignore it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J_L_K_64 For This Useful Post:

Charleyzard (03-29-2012),Meagan (04-01-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I know when I go into a store, I want the employees to leave me alone unless I have a question..then I will go to them and ask them xD

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Reemer (03-25-2012),thequeen (04-09-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I know when I go into a store, I want the employees to leave me alone unless I have a question..then I will go to them and ask them xD
    ^that, when i go shopping, 90% of the time i know exactly what i want, and i wanna get in and get out, no bsing, unless i know who's working, then i'll bs for hours, lol
    just report it and ignore it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, there was more than one guy like I said there was 3 guys working one was chatting up those guys and it was obvious they weren't buying. One guy was being useless and the other guy like I said assisted me after awhile. Honestly guys if you see someone needing help and I was literally /ignored/ [I did ask about their games] you would get it. And how is ignoring your female customers (and not guys) not sexual discrimination again? But anyways lol all these guys are coming against what I said I was just looking for people who had same experiences.. Not someone trying to debunk my experiences that weren't there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    :\ I hate to agree with the boys here...but....

Are you sure that they were ignoring you because you were female? Do you know if they were friends with the other people they were interacting with?

Have you been there all the time when they were working...to see if they ignore other people?

IMO, it seems like bad customer service

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark View Post
    :\ I hate to agree with the boys here...but....

Are you sure that they were ignoring you because you were female? Do you know if they were friends with the other people they were interacting with?

Have you been there all the time when they were working...to see if they ignore other people?

IMO, it seems like bad customer service
    Yes I know thats what they were doing; I did not expect to have to explain myself this much over an event that was already stressful to me for one it's stressful because I dealt with female discrimination in MMO's all the time ( girls are worse than guys, etc etc.) and to deal with that in real life after quitting MMO's on a pretty regular basis by chains such as gamestop. I was trying to find companionship in someone who had been thru something like that BECAUSE of being a female, therefore by sharing I would feel somewhat better about what has happened but this is the result so yeah I regret even posting this..

I thought this forum would be more supportive but all i've felt is tore down in this thread. I understand you guys don't know me that's fine, but if it was you in my shoes I would try to understand your situation and if I couldn't share an event of my own I would either move on or give you my condolences; instead of trying to factcheck nitpick whatever you want to call it. You may not be trying to be rude but when someone is sharing something emotionally damaging one of the worst things you can do is that.
    Last edited by ickybodclay; 03-25-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Maybe it's bad services. When I'm going to game shop employees are asking every clients, male and female if they need help.