Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do if you won the lottery?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Book a firstclass ticket to New Zealand. I would want to see my fiancee. <3

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I'd buy me and my BF a modest sized house, get my first car, set my mom up for the rest of her life, donate to a couple charities I feel strongly about, then the rest can go toward making more money for myself.

But sadly I'll never win the lottery.. number one reason is because I dont play but when I worked at a convenience store there were several old people who would come in and play the lottery everyday with the same numbers and they would tell me they've been playing the same numbers for 40+ years and havent won. I dont like those odds.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    I'd buy me and my BF a modest sized house, get my first car, set my mom up for the rest of her life, donate to a couple charities I feel strongly about, then the rest can go toward making more money for myself.

But sadly I'll never win the lottery.. number one reason is because I dont play but when I worked at a convenience store there were several old people who would come in and play the lottery everyday with the same numbers and they would tell me they've been playing the same numbers for 40+ years and havent won. I dont like those odds.
    Sad story. But you don't have their luck sooo.. maybe it'll work out for you

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    first thing i'd do is set my parents up for the rest of their lives. buy myself a house, donate to some charities&shelters, then buy plane tickets to different parts of the world every year or possibly every month..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Travel all around the world from A to Z

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is a great question. I've always wondered what I'd do if I won the top prize (where I'm from, there're like, different prize tiers. I don't know about lotteries in other countries.) So my lottery's top prize usually gets split among an average of 3 winners (unless some bugger wins it all, in which case he might get a mil), and I think they get about 500k or something in the end. Don't know for sure so i'll just work with that.

Honestly, 500k here is nothing. There're lots of rich people where I'm from (and my family is considered poor). 500k can't even buy you a condo here. So there goes my dream of having my own place. What I would do, if it's possible, would be to move my family and I to an area closer to town. Then with the leftover money, I would probably take my driver's license and buy a cheap car so we can stop having to squeeze with the tens of thousands of people on our public transport. If I had any money left, I'd buy a dog, because I've wanted one since I could speak, but till now am not allowed to have one. THEN, if there's STILL money leftover by some miracle, I'd save it or donate some to good causes.