54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
    I am not being an asshole. Some transsexuals lie that they are woman and leave out the fact that they are a man. Leading those men on, which is morally and ethically wrong.

I don't give a shit if that other person was in America's Next Top Model. This contest is for women. ....women......Not men. He was born a man, and all the surgery in the world will not change that,

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Oh wow. You can't change a person's genes. This is a man who looks like a woman, end of story. I just don't think science has reached the level where they can completely switch someone's gender.
    >.> wow. it doesn't matter what the XY gene is. XY gene simply defines GENITALIA. For the third time, chemical balance and neurology plays an EXTREMELY important part in defining everything about a person >.>

Genetic studies
    In 2008, a study was performed to attempt to find a link between genes and transsexuality. The researchers compared 112 male-to-female transsexuals (both androphilic and gynephilic), mostly already undergoing hormone treatment, with 258 cis-gendered male controls. The male-to-female transsexuals were more likely than non-transsexual males to have a longer version of a receptor gene for the sex hormone androgen or testosterone. The research suggests reduced androgen and androgen signaling contributes to the female gender identity of male to female transsexuals. The authors say that it is possible that a decrease in testosterone levels in the brain during development might result in incomplete masculinization of the brain in male to female transsexuals, resulting in a more feminized brain and a female gender identity.

(you need an account to see links)

there are always other factors. Don't make things so black and white.

Imagine that your brain was structured so that you associated with being feminine to the extent where your chemical balance and neurology strongly resembled female gender identity?? You define what you are in accordance to your brain structure and patterns, everything from personality, intelligence, consciousness, sexuality...everything.
    Last edited by Chi; 05-18-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    >.> wow. it doesn't matter what the XY gene is. XY gene simply defines GENITALIA. For the third time, chemical balance and neurology plays an EXTREMELY important part in defining everything about a person >.>

Genetic studies
    In 2008, a study was performed to attempt to find a link between genes and transsexuality. The researchers compared 112 male-to-female transsexuals (both androphilic and gynephilic), mostly already undergoing hormone treatment, with 258 cis-gendered male controls. The male-to-female transsexuals were more likely than non-transsexual males to have a longer version of a receptor gene for the sex hormone androgen or testosterone. The research suggests reduced androgen and androgen signaling contributes to the female gender identity of male to female transsexuals. The authors say that it is possible that a decrease in testosterone levels in the brain during development might result in incomplete masculinization of the brain in male to female transsexuals, resulting in a more feminized brain and a female gender identity.

(you need an account to see links)

there are always other factors. Don't make things so black and white.

He was a born a man. He has male on his birth certificate.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    This is a woman, she's had a snip and clip.. any man who does that is no longer a man. I dont think it should be a big deal. She's a she no matter what she was born as.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    This is a woman, she's had a snip and clip.. any man who does that is no longer a man. I dont think it should be a big deal. She's a she no matter what she was born as.
    Yes it does. He is just a wolf in sheep's clothing. He doesn't have internal female reproductive organs. Therefore, he is a guy.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Well if a dick makes a man, than she no longer has that! And if a womb makes a female she doesn't have that either. I think what you're trying to say is that she's a freak!
    Nope. He is just a guy. That is all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Why does this bother you SO much?
    Obviously you don't get the transsexual world.
    Just because she was born a male, doesn't mean she is a male.
    Last edited by Teakwood; 05-19-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: edited to remove insult.

Thank you Hellraid <3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
    Why does this bother you SO much?
    Obviously you don't get the transsexual world.
    Just because she was born a male, doesn't mean she is a male.
    I guess your brain just can't comprehend it.
    I am being respectful. And I am not throwing any personal insults to anyone. So it'd be nice if you return the favour.

The thing is, the contest was obviously for "naturally born women." He is a guy. I am not saying he shouldn't do what ever the hell he wants. But he shouldn't had fooled people into thinking he was born a woman.

Sex is what you are born with. You are either a male or female. There is no altering that fact. Sex is the chromosomes, organs, and other biological differences that each sex is given naturally at birth.

No matter what gender you are, your sex will never change. Gender is nothing more then what is considered "manly" or "feminine."

Just because you have it instilled in your mind that you are feminine and you let a surgeon remove your male organs will never change the fact your chromosomes that make you classifiy you as a male.

nawatamsayin'?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronith For This Useful Post:

Ryan~ (05-19-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    seriously people? wtf? this is debate, not rag on each other for one thing or the other.............. any more posts after mine that is not debate worthy material will get infracted, no questions asked
    just report it and ignore it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to J_L_K_64 For This Useful Post:

Ronith (05-19-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I am being respectful. And I am not throwing any personal insults to anyone. So it'd be nice if you return the favour.

The thing is, the contest was obviously for "naturally born women." He is a guy. I am not saying he shouldn't do what ever the hell he wants. But he shouldn't had fooled people into thinking he was born a woman.

Sex is what you are born with. You are either a male or female. There is no altering that fact. Sex is the chromosomes, organs, and other biological differences that each sex is given naturally at birth.

No matter what gender you are, your sex will never change. Gender is nothing more then what is considered "manly" or "feminine."

Just because you have it instilled in your mind that you are feminine and you let a surgeon remove your male organs will never change the fact your chromosomes that make you classifiy you as a male.

nawatamsayin'?
    Sorry for the insult. My dearest apologies.
    And you are right. She shouldn't have lied about what she was born into.
    But it still doesn't change the fact that she is a female.
    I'm done with this topic, because all it's doing is making me lose even more respect for you Ronith.
    Good day mate.

Thank you Hellraid <3

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Azn (05-20-2012),Chi (05-19-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

nawatamsayin'?
    Lets rewind here. For starters Jenna has no advantage in the competition. In short she is at a disadvantage because of the stigma.
    The beauty pageant itself is a fraud.
    I would assume that 90% of those women have had some sort of surgery, nip, tuck, enlargement (just like Jenna but not to the same extent) Should they also be considered less of a woman because 25% of their body is enhanced by science? Yes they would work hard to maintain but its not a competition for natural beauty.
    HOWEVER Jenna would have to work as hard, if not harder than some of those women to keep her looks in shape to participate in the comp.

Finally, in the end its a beauty competition. Its judged on a range of things and there is no assurance that she will win anyway. Let her participate, be fair. She honestly has no advantage over anyone else in the competition.